Delta’s move from T3 to T4 at New York’s JFK International Air Terminal has been completed.
The new $1.4 billion extension has added nine new gates at Terminal 4 at JFK International Airport and includes:
- Nine new and seven renovated international gates
- Improved and renovated check-in areas, including a dedicated Sky Priority check-in
- A centralised security checkpoint
- New dining and retail offerings
- A new 2,330 sqm flagship Delta Sky Club with the first ever Sky Deck at Delta Sky Club outdoor terrace
- An in-line baggage system to streamline and improve the baggage handling system
- Improved Customs and Border Protection, baggage claim and re-check facilities
With the 32,145 sqm expansion of Concourse B, Terminal 4, which is managed by JFK IAT, now measures 185,800 sqm, making it one of the largest terminals in North America. Delta partner Virgin Atlantic Airways also operates out of Terminal 4.
In addition to the expansion opening today, Delta earlier this year announced phase two of the Terminal 4 redevelopment plan that will include an additional 11 gates on Terminal 4’s Concourse B. Construction on phase two will commence immediately. There was also mention of a phase 3 at the press conference, though no details were forthcoming.
Upon completion in summer 2015, Terminal 4’s Concourse B will house a total of 27 Delta gates and replace Delta’s current Terminal 2 regional jet facility.
The Sky Deck at Delta Sky Club is a185 sqm rooftop terrace developed in partnership with Architectural Digest.
The restaurant in the SkyClub has complimentary snacks, but you pay for the “premium” menu, even if flying business class.
Examples from the menu
- Rosemary, truffle and parmesan popcorn bowls $5
- Steamed Edamame, sea salt and crispy wasabi seaweed $7
- Crispy pretzel crostini, mustard and gruyere cheese fondue $6
- Cold poached shrimp, saffron aioli, fennel, hard-boiled egg, carrots $18
- Sushi platter – 8 pieces of sushi, tuna, salmon belly, Fluke, Snapper, Wasabi, Soy sauce $16
- Caesar Salad (with chicken) $15
For more information, visit delta.com.
Report by Tom Otley