Virgin Atlantic has opened a new, larger Clubhouse at New York’s Newark, replacing the carrier’s previous facility at the airport.
The airline posted CGI images of the new lounge on its Facebook page yesterday, along with the following post:
“Think Soho boutiques, TriBeCa lofts, Noho coffee shops, secret bars in the LES and Meatpacking District chic. Welcome to our new Newark Clubhouse.”
When Virgin announced plans for the new lounge back in July, the carrier said it would feature a “personalised food service” which will “offer Upper Class passengers a local community experience with the opportunity to indulge in locally-sourced produce”.
The Newark Clubhouse joins the carrier’s recently opened airside facility at New York JFK airport, replacing the previous landside lounge. To read a review of this facility, click here.
For more information visit virginatlantic.com.
Report by Mark Caswell
UPDATE: Virgin has now sent out a press release with further details on the new lounge, as follows:
The Newark Clubhouse features:
- The Cocktail bar at the heart of the space with crystal features refracting natural light
- The Passion Pit is a sunken lounge area where visitors can kick back, relax and even have a snooze
- The Origami Lounge for those looking for a bit of privacy
- The Liquid lounge for passengers to enjoy a few cocktails before jetting off
- The Brasserie to enjoy locally sourced produce and both breakfast and dinner time
- The Screening room which features films from eight graduate film makers from the National Film and Television school
- Work by local artists including Jorge Colombo, Garrett Pruter, Kate Hazell, Galia Rybitskaya, Millie Marotta, Jonny Moss
- Furniture pieces including Pearson Lloyd’s Turtle Chair, Moroso’s Take a Line chair, Saarinen marble tables and Bertoia Chairs & Stools