Thirty years ago, in April 1982, the first edition of Business Traveller Asia-Pacific rolled hot off the press to begin a legacy within the travel industry. To celebrate this milestone, we’ve invited readers to take part in the “Travel Memories from the 80s” photo competition by sending us images of fond travel memories from the era along with a caption and remarks on travel experiences then and now.
Ten of the best images will be selected and displayed at the annual Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards ceremony on September 28 this year. The guests, comprised of hospitality and travel industry players, will vote on their favourite images. The winners will receive fabulous prizes including stays at luxurious hotels, such as the following:
- A two-nights’ weekend stay at the Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore in a premier room, inclusive of breakfast and internet access
- A two-nights’ weekend stay at the Fullerton Hotel Singapore in a Quay room, inclusive of breakfast and internet access
- A three-nights’ stay in a deluxe bay view room at the Shangri-La Tokyo, inclusive of breakfast
- A three-nights’ stay at The Langham, Shenzhen, in a Marquis suite, inclusive of Langham Club benefits and a complimentary signature massage at Chuan Spa
- A two-nights’ stay at the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong
- A three-nights’ stay at the W Hong Kong inclusive of 1,000 credits to use either at Sing Yin, Kitchen, Living Room, Wet Deck or Bliss Spa
- A two-nights’ stay at the Waldorf Astoria on the Bund, Shanghai
- A three-nights’ weekend stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai in a grand deluxe suite, inclusive of breakfast and dinner at Grill Room with a value of RMB 1,200.
To enter, readers must send in high-resolution jpeg images (300dpi or around 2MB) by email to email@example.com or on a disc delivered to Business Traveller Asia-Pacific, Suite 405, 4/F, Chinachem Exchange Square, 1 Hoi Wan Street, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong. Readers can also send in hardcopy prints, which must be size 8R (8inch x 10inch), to the same address above. All print photos and CDs will not be returned.
Take a trip down memory lane now!