Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) has confirmed the first eight properties under its new Hualuxe brand aimed at the Chinese traveller, including hotels in Beijing, Shanghai and Chengdu.
IHG unveiled the Hualuxe brand earlier this year (see online news March 19), which it says will focus on "the unique aspects of Chinese etiquette, the importance of rejuvenation, status recognition and enabling spaces that reflect local customs and heritage”.
The group has now confirmed management contracts for eight properties across China, totalling nearly 2,800 rooms. The following hotels are scheduled to open between 2014 and 2016:
- Hualuxe Beijing Xinan: 380 rooms
- Hualuxe Shanghai Pudong Kangqiao: 400 rooms
- Hualuxe Chengdu High-Tech West: 350 rooms
- Hualuxe Zhangjiajie Resort: 380 rooms
- Hualuxe Ordos Dongsheng: 300 rooms
- Hualuxe Foshan Nanhai: 350 rooms
- Hualuxe Yangjiang City Centre: 282 rooms
- Hualuxe Fuzhou Downtown: 330 rooms
IHG says the new brand is a key part of its strategy to grow market share in Greater China, with plans for over 100 cities across the country over the next 15-20 years.
For more information visit ihg.com.
Report by Mark Caswell