IHG is equipping selected Intercontinental properties including London, Hong Kong and Dubai with iPad2 tablets, allowing guests to connect with concierges using the FaceTime feature prior to arrival.
The Intercontinental properties participating in the initiative include London Park Lane, New York Barclay, Hong Kong and Dubai Festival City, with guests able to connect face-to-face with concierge teams for advice and recommendations before arriving at the hotel.
The iPad2 features Apple’s FaceTime application, allowing video chat with users of other Apple products including the Macbook and iPhone 4.
For more information and to reserve a time for a consultation with an IHG concierge, visit chat.intercontinental.com. The service is due to start week commencing March 14.
Report by Mark Caswell
The full list of Intercontinental properties participating in the iPad2 initiative is as follows:
- InterContinental New York Barclay
- InterContinental San Francisco
- InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
- InterContinental Houston
- InterContinental London Park Lane
- InterContinental Dubai Festival City
- InterContinental Shanghai Expo
- InterContinental Hong Kong
- ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- InterContinental Bali Resort