Etihad will open a lounge at Manchester's Terminal 1 next month, with features including shower rooms, a relaxation area and "five-star dining facilities".
Business Traveller was informed by a reader of the imminent opening of the lounge, and the opening date has been confirmed as December 7.
In a release published earlier this year Etihad said the new 318sqm lounge would feature:
- five-star dining facilities with a selection of international cuisine
- a modern business centre providing individual workstations and privacy for people with laptops
- a prayer room
- a family room, where children can be kept entertained by nannies
- a relaxation area, including high-comfort leather chairs and reading material
- luxurious bathrooms and shower facilities for customers to freshen up before their departure
- expansive views over the airport’s taxiway and runway
Etihad will be the second Middle Eastern carrier to open a lounge at Manchester's Terminal 1, following Emirates in 2009 (see online news October 22, 2009).
For more information visit etihadairways.com.
Report by Mark Caswell