Growing the Holiday Inn portfolio in India is to be a major focus of the InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG) in the next five years. Strengthening the company’s presence will be two Holiday Inn and four new Holiday Inn Express properties.
IGH’s game plan in the subcontinent:
• Holiday Inn Express Noida Extension and Holiday Inn Suites Noida Sector 76, located in the IT hub near Delhi, are both scheduled to open in 2013. The first will have 200 rooms, while the suite product – the first of its kind in India – will have 150 rooms.
• Holiday Inn Express Indore Pithampur, located in an industrial area, is scheduled to open in 2013 with 150 rooms.
• Holiday Inn Express Jaipur Hitech City is scheduled to open in 2014 with 200 rooms.
• Holiday Inn Express Kochi Aluva Junction, located the southern IT hub, is scheduled to open in 2015 with 150 rooms.
• Holiday Inn Patna is scheduled to open in 2014 with 150 rooms.
These properties are in addition to the other seven IHG properties currently under construction in India, including a Crowne Plaza Udaipur opening in 2014. They are also a part of IHG’s major expansion project in India, aiming to triple the 12 IHG properties already in the subcontinent by 2015.
Jan Smits, IHG Asia Australasia managing director, said: “These six hotels add momentum to our India pipeline, which now stands at 45 hotels.”
For more information, visit www.ihg.com