Air France and KLM have rolled out their new mobile websites: mobile.airfrance.com and KLM.com. Their respective free applications for iPhones are available through the iPhone App Store, and soon as well for BlackBerry’s via BlackBerry App World.
Both available in six languages, these platforms allow passengers to:
- modify tickets at no extra charge (the first time in the world an airline is offering such a convenience, Air France and KLM claim) allowing bookings to be adjusted and new flights to be arranged in case of a change in schedule
- check-in themselves and their companionschoose their seat on the seat map
- book their Siège Plus for extra legroom (on the Air France mobile site), or a seat in the Economy Comfort zone (on KLM.com)
- purchase additional baggage allowance at a discount
- receive their boarding pass by SMS or e-mail, which travellers can either display directly on their mobile phone upon boarding or print out at the airport
- cancel their check-in at any time up to the latest check-in time
- consult real-time flight information from their mobile phone and check the departure terminal or the exact landing time of a flight
- consult the timetable for the coming year
- and also access Air France, KLM and Flying Blue contact details worldwide
Flight details can be checked by customers entering their booking code or Flying Blue membership number to access all the desired information. By year-end, more services will be available: ticket reservation and consultation for frequently asked questions with rapid responses, among others.
Margie T Logarta