Following the delivery of its first A380 this morning (see online news May 19), Lufthansa has released real images of one of the superjumbo’s most anticipated features – its new First Class cabin
In a release today, Lufthansa also confirmed a number of features of the new cabin and its eight fully-flat beds.
Paying passengers will be able to experience the n?e?w? ????s?e?a?t?s? ??w?h?e??n? ?t?h?e? ??A???????3??????????? 80 ????????enter?s scheduled service on June 11, destined for Tokyo's Narita Airport out of Frankfurt (see online news ????A?p?r?i?l? ?2?9???)????.
What we now know:-
- The bed will measure 2.07m (81.5 inches) in length, and 80cm (31.5 inches) wide.
- The intention was to match the cabin’s aesthetics with the First Class facilities at Frankfurt
- Each bed will have an adjustable privacy screen. A design including separate cabins was rejected during passenger testing
- Lufthansa said “sound absorbing carpets” will eliminate the noise of footsteps
- The lighting system will automatically adjust to the time of day
- Overhead lockers have been replaced by individual lockable closets
For more information visit a380.lufthansa.com