As THAI Airways increased frequencies in its latest 2010 summer schedule, it also decreased and suspended frequencies. The move is simply a shift to serve higher demand routes, according to the airline’s president Piyavasti Amranand.
The big news, as announced earlier, is the resumption of Bangkok-Johannesburg flights from May 16, 2010 with a four-times weekly service.
Here’s the status report:
• Return Bangkok-Athens from three flights a week to four flights a week
• Return Bangkok-Penang from five flights a week to daily flights
• Return Bangkok-Oslo to five flights a week from daily flights
• Return Bangkok-Moscow to three flights a week from four flights a week
• Return Bangkok-Busan to three flights a week from four flights a week
• Hongkong-Phuket, instead of Hongkong-Phuket-Bangkok
• Return Bangkok-Hongkong-Taipei in order to resume return daily Bangkok-Hongkong
• Return Bangkok-Manila-Osaka in order to operate return Bangkok-Manila
• Return Bangkok-Kathmadu
• Return Bangkok-Gaya-Varanasi
• Return Bangkok-Kuwait
For more details, visit www.thaiairways.com
Margie T Logarta