Not being able to find a hotel is a business traveller’s number one grievance, a poll by Jurys Inns has found.
A recent survey of frequent travellers by the hotel chain has produced a top five list of annoyances. They are (in order)…
- Not being able to find your hotel in the first place (35% of respondents)
- Forgetting to check-in online / print boarding pass and being charged at the airport (28%)
- Dull bathroom lighting which isn’t make-up friendly (17%)
- Forgetting a mobile or Blackberry charger (11%)
- Missing breakfast because of an early meeting (9%)
The poll was a result of customer feedback at Jurys Inns properties throughout the UK and Ireland, prompting the hotelier to act on the findings.
Jurys Inns said as well as “revamping” its corporate online booking tool, it had introduced charging stations in all of its reception areas for Blackberrys and other mobile devices.
The hotel chain has also started serving breakfast earlier at 6.45am for business travellers with very early starts.
On the sticky issue of dull bathroom lighting, Jurys Inns consulted its female guests to find the right spot for light bulbs so they are “not too harsh, but provide good conditions for applying make up.”
And last but not least, Jurys Inns will later this month add GPS co-ordinates of its thirty hotels to its website. Business travellers with satnav or GPS-enabled smartphones can no longer grumble.
For more information visit jurysinns.com.
Report by Georgina Park