• Club Med will be launching 26 private pool villas in Club Med La Plantation D’Albion in Mauritius in April 2010.
• Holiday Inn Male in the Maldives has opened with 117 guestrooms and a grand ballroom among others. It is located near the harbourfront, shops, markets and historical attractions such as the Old Friday Mosque, Sultan Park and Presidential Palace.
• IHG (InterContinental Hotel Group) is partnering with the Thai conglomerate TCC to convert and rebrand four existing hotels, adding nearly 1,500 rooms to the hotel chain’s Asia-Pacific portfolio. These include the future InterContinental Adelaide (from Hyatt Adelaide), ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe (from Crowne Plaza Hotel), Crowne Plaza Kunming City Centre (from Banks Hotel) and Holiday Inn Kunming City Centre (from Sakura Kunming Hotel).
In India, these are the Pullman Gurgaon Central Park with 248 rooms, two restaurants and 2,000sqm of event space opening in 2010; Pullman Lavasa with 258 rooms, two restaurants, a 500sqm ballroom and an integrated meeting centre all linked to the Lavasa Lakes Convention Centre opening in 2011; and the Pullman Delhi International Airport with 270 rooms, specialty restaurant, lounge bar and deli, 1,000sqm ballrooms and extensive outdoor entertainment area opening in 2012.
In China, these are Pullman Wuxi T-Park with 350 rooms, three restaurants and 1,200sqm pillarless ballroom and nine meetings rooms opening in 2012 and Pullman Tianjin Kunlun with 300 rooms and apartments, three restaurants and business and leisure facilities opening in 2013.
For more about Accor and The Pullman, visit www.accor.com
• Hongkong’s The Fleming boutique hotel is offering female travellers a spa treatment package from HK$1,380 (US$178) upwards and includes a 60-minute massage with free aromatherapy, fruit and flowers, breakfast, four-course dinner at Cubix Restaurant, free broadband access and entry to nearby California Fitness gym. The offer runs until December 31 with a HK$300 (US$39) supplement in the high season.
• Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts is offering citizens and residents of the People’s Republic of China, including Hongkong and Macau National Day Special rates from September 25 to October 11, 2009. These include breakfast for up to two persons, guests staying for two consecutive nights at any Shangri-La or Traders hotel getting a free night for use at the same hotel on the same trip or choose to redeem at any participating Shangri-La city hotel before January 31, 2010.
Families travelling with children under 12 can have them stay free of charge when sharing a room with their parents, while those under six will enjoy free buffet meals at the all-day dining restaurant and pool café. Members of the chain’s guest loyalty programme will be upgraded to the next room category.
Margie T Logarta