- Until December 31, Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen is offering a Residential Meeting Package for a minimum of 15 guestrooms. The package starts from CNY1,180 (US$173) for a single accommodation in a Deluxe Room, unlimited in-room broadband internet, buffet breakfast for one person at Cafe Zen and a full-day meeting package. Twin-share room meeting packages are available from CNY1,580 (US$232).
The full-day meeting benefits include free use of a meeting room from 8am to 5pm; morning and afternoon coffee and tea breaks; a choice of buffet or western or Chinese set in a private function room; and meeting stationary, bottled local mineral water and mints.
Groups booking a minimum of 30 rooms can enjoy one complimentary upgrade to the Executive Suite.
For booking details, email [email protected]
- For travellers from Singapore, Hong Kong, China and India, The Nam Hai resort in Vietnam is offering its 1-Bedroom Villa for VND5,250,000 (US$295) per night until November 30. In addition, the resort has teamed up with The Montgomerie Links, a new championship course beside the famous China Beach designed by European Tour legend Colin Montgomerie, to offer an exclusive stay-and-play packages. Packages start from VND38,835,000 (US$2,170) for a two-night stay in a 1-Bedroom Villa and two rounds of golf. Offer is valid until end of the year.
- Capella Bangkok, part of a mixed-use development by the Chao Phraya River featuring two hotels and a residential tower, is expected to open late 2013. It will consist of 100 rooms and a series of riverfront villas, two gourmet restaurants, a bar, 900sqm Auriga spa, and a ballroom among others.
- Hilton Hotels is to manage its first property in Hangzhou in 2014, Hilton Hangzhou Qianjiang. The 300-room property will be located in the 200m-high Dicara Golden Tower on a prime site in Qianjiang New City.
- Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket, the seaside property known for its kid-friendly entertainment centre, has removed - for the next three months - most charges and fees associated with young guests. Until October 31, parents do not have to pay for an extra bed and breakfast for kids under 13 years old. Youngsters also get free access to the resort's Play Zone. Meanwhile, the resort has a KidzSole Family Package with nightly rates starting from THB7,700 (US$225) per room for a minimum of three nights' stay.
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai is offering the Beetle Garden activity at its Lanna Kids Club where children can learn about nature and the environment. The club's friendly staff will provide interesting insights into species such as the three-horned muchi king (Japanese unicorn) beetles as well as others found in Thailand. The activity runs twice daily from 10am to 12 noon and from 3pm to 5pm.