• All Nippon Airways (ANA) has announced plans for new routes between Tokyo Haneda airport and destinations in Europe and the USA to be launched after Haneda’s fourth runway opens in October 2010.
• Cebu Pacific (CEB) will fly three times daily between Manila and Singapore starting August 2. To celebrate this new route, CEB is offering PHP1,388 (US$29) one-way ‘Go Lite’ fares on its Manila-Singapore and Cebu-Singapore flights.
• China Southern Airlines will start flying between Dhaka and Guangzhou on July 5. Three flights a week will go in either direction, with Dhaka-Guanggzhou operating on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and Guangzhou-Dhaka flights on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
• Dragonair will launch a twice-daily Hongkong-Guangzhou service starting September 14. The new route will be operated by Airbus A320 and A321 every morning and evening.
• Malaysia Airlines and Turkish Airlines have inked a codeshare agreement to provide flights to each other’s key markets.
The agreement allows Malaysia Airlines to fly the Dubai-Istanbul leg of Turkish Airlines’ Kuala Lumpur-Dubai-Istanbul flight on Tuesdays and Fridays, and also allows Turkish airlines to codeshare on Malaysia Airlines flights to points within Malaysia and destinations in South East Asia and Asia Pacific.