• Ho Chi Minh City’s Caravelle Hotel offers 50 percent off room rates celebrating its 50th anniversary. Bookings must be made via the hotel website till June 30 and stays must be completed before December 31.
• Hyatt’s Hyatt Gold Passport and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club members can earn six times the Flying Club miles or 4,500 miles per hotel stay. To qualify, they have to stay two or more consecutive nights at participating Hyatt hotel brands worldwide – Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place and Hyatt Summerfield Suites. Valid through August.
• Legend Hotel Saigon has a “Friday is Free” promotion that enables travellers to earn a free Friday night when they stay two or more consecutive nights. Valid till September 1, the package includes complimentary daily breakfast, welcome drink, daily fruit basket, English newspaper, high-speed internet access, local calls and hotel-city shuttle service.
• The Luxe Manor Hongkong is offering the “Green Package” in honour of World Environment Day on June 5, and which lasts until July 31. Five percent of the nightly rate of HK$1,450 (US$187) for a Superior Room will be donated to Greenpeace China. Perks include free buffet breakfast at the signature restaurant Aspasia, a one-day MTR pass and the choice of a ride in the Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car attraction or a visit to Ocean Park. Guests can also ask the concierge for more information on the Green Pass to Hongkong, showcasing the city’s best eco-friendly activities. Online, the hotel is promoting the “Make a Green Wish and Save the World” campaign from June 5 to July 31, which offers the chance to win round-trip tickets for two to Hongkong, a two-night stay in a themed suite and dinner for two at Aspasia restaurant. www.theluxemanor.com
• Marriott has launched its Global Rate Break where travellers can enjoy 20 percent off room rates in more than 2,500 participating hotels and resorts worldwide. The promotion is valid for bookings made by June 2 for weekend stays (Thursday-Sunday) till September 7.
• InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa, which opens on June 1, has introductory rates from US$133 per night. It is located on Natadola Beach, Coral Coast and set on 14.16ha of tropical gardens. The property features 216 rooms and suites with private terraces or balconies with a “Cleopatra-style” tub and day beds. Other facilities include four pools, a dive centre, five restaurants and bars and a spa. For golf enthusiasts, there’s the par 72, 7,000-yard Natadola Bay Golf Course. Club InterContinental, scheduled to launch in September, will offer 65 hilltop villas.
• Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort and Spa will be launched on July 26 on Addu Atoll in the Maldives. The new resort will boast 142 stand-alone villas including 16 tree house villas, two presidential villas and water villas. Every villa features an indoor and outdoor shower, two iPods and docking stations, a DVD player and an espresso machine. Water sports such as surfing, scuba diving and snorkelling are available at the water sports centre at the resort’s Village Centre.
• Hyatt has launched its mobile website where travellers can locate, book a room, view or cancel reservations, and check in or check out with any web-enabled mobile device. Hyatt Gold Passport members will be able to log into their accounts and receive Gold Passport offers through the new mobile website.