• Accor’s budget hotel chain Formule 1 is offering Standard Rooms, single or double occupancy, at 20 participating hotels in Australia for AU$49 (US$37) per night until June 12. Bookings must be made on a Friday and stays are until July 31. Advantage Plus members are not eligible for the promotion. www.formule1.com.au/matesrates
• Park Hotel Clarke Quay in Singapore has an opening rate from S$198 (US$134) nightly that’s valid till August 31. Perks include a buffet breakfast, complimentary internet access, executive set lunch at Brizo Restaurant and Bar, free non-alcoholic drinks from the minibar and one-way River Taxi ride from Clarke Quay, discounts off restaurants, laundry and dry cleaning. Bookings of 14 nights and more net a complimentary upgrade to the next room category. http://bit.ly/qOcmP
• The Accor Group will be managing the Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, which opens in the emerging CBD of Tianhe in late 2010.
• InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) will launch its second luxury hotel, InterContinental Asiana Saigon, in Vietnam in September. The new hotel will feature 305 rooms, including 19 suites and a Presidential Suite, a 600-seat ballroom, meeting rooms, spa and restaurants among other facilities.
• Taj Exotica Resort and Spa makes its debuts in mid-2010 on The Palm Jumeirah project. It will feature 228 guestrooms and 34 suites, restaurants, bars, a business centre with meeting rooms and boardroom banquet halls, retail arcade as well as Taj Group’s signature Jiva Spa.