Etihad has released the first images of its new first class suite, along with stats and a video of the seat in action. We’ll be reporting on this in full later in the week, but for now, here is an image of the new offering, along with the all important stats and features.
- 82 inch long private suite with a 80.5 inches fully flat bed, with bed width of 29.75 inches
- Each suite with Arabic styled sliding privacy doors
- 23 inch personal TV/video screen, with in-flight entertainment system that allows customers to pause, stop, fast-forward or rewind up to 600 hours of films, TV and radio programmes, and play games
- Personal mini bar
- Illuminated wardrobe with a personal mirror
- In-seat massager, lumbar support and adjustable headrest
- Spacious compartment areas where customers can stow their belongings
- Poltrona Frau leather upholstery
- Extra large (24 inches by 25 inches) wood finished meal table
- In-seat power sockets for PCs, iPod connector, USB ports, Ethernet port and audio jack
- Luxury changing room with full length mirror, raised wash basin and leather fold-down seat
- Luxurious soft furnishings and designer amenity kits
The first aircraft with the new first class cabin – a brand new Airbus A340-600 – is due to enter service at the end of August 2009. The full roll-out of the new first class suites in the airline’s fleet is expected to be completed by the end of 2010.
For more images and to see a video of the seat in action, click here.