Are you a self-realized maverick, a nocturnal socialite or an eco innovator? Then you may be interested to learn that Hilton has designed a new lifestyle brand for you, under the name Denizen Hotels.
The new brand is officially due to be unveiled later this week, but the website is already up and running (to a fashion) at denizenhotels.com. The site’s content is pretty cryptic at the moment, with references to six personality types, associated with six locations (a clue to future Denizen hotels?):
- The Self-realized Maverick – Hollywood
- The Tech(nomad) – New York
- The Nocturnal Socialite – London
- The Eco Warrior – Las Vegas
- The Cultural Cognoscente – Istanbul
- The Epicurian Explorer – Montreal
Other clues as to the brand’s influences come from phrases popping up on the screen, such as “I am on business but i want it to be a pleasure” and “I want to feel socially reponsible in my consumer choices”. The site also says that “each property will be smart in design, cultural in character and sensitive in service delivery”.
For those of you who didn’t know, the definition of denizen in the Oxford English Dictionary is:
1) an inhabitant; occupant; resident
2) an individual permanently resident in a foreign country where he enjoys certain rights of citizenship
3) a plant or animal established in a place to which it is not native.
So there you go. That’s about all we know for now, but you can expect businesstraveller.com to have further updates later this week.
Report by Mark Caswell
Update: Hilton has released a statement saying that