It seems like only yesterday that we were writing about the inaugural flight of the A380. Just 15 months later and SIA is about celebrate its one millionth passenger onboard the superjumbo.
The airline says it expects to fly its one millionth passenger sometime in February, and is planning to surprise the lucky customer (and others on the flight) with a series of goodies. The passenger will be greeted with the news upon check-in and enjoy a special in-flight package, as well as gifts on arrival, including a three-night stay at a luxury hotel, and a chauffeur-driven limousine ride to the hotel. Customers in all three classes on the flight will also be presented with champagne onboard and special SIA giveaways.
The carrier now has six A380 aircraft in its fleet, flying daily between Singapore and Sydney, Singapore and Tokyo, and twice daily between Singapore and London. Emirates has so far taken delivery of four of the superjumbos, while Qantas currently has three. The Australian carrier’s A380 will be arriving into London for the first time later this week (January 16).
Useful A380 links:
- Business Traveller’s Asia-Pacific editor reviews SIA’s A380 business class product from Singapore to Sydney
- First A380 UK flight arrives in London
- Business Traveller reviews SIA’s inaugural A380 flight to London
- Emirates unveils its first class showers onboard the A380
- Emirates launches A380 model at London Heathrow
- Emirates A380: the lowdown and the pictures
- Tried and Tested exclusive: Emirates A380 business class
- Qantas takes delivery of first A380
- Picture board: Qantas A380
- Tried and tested exclusive: Qantas A380
- Qantas announces A380 Sydney-London launch
- Flight check: SIA A380
- Emirates gets second A380
In addition businesstraveller.com's sister site seatplans.com has detailed seat plans of the A380 aircraft within the SIA, Emirates and Qantas fleets, along with advice on the best seat to choose on the plane. Click here for more details.