Marriott is removing blackout dates from its Rewards
loyalty scheme, but is also adding a higher redemption category
for its most popular hotels.
From January 15, 2009, members will
be able to book award stays on any night of the year, although the
chain says it may “limit the number of standard rooms available for
redemption on a limited number of days”.
Marriott is also
introducing a “redeem four nights get the fifth night free” scheme, and
from January Platinum Elite members will get a bonus of 50 per cent on
points earned during their stay, up from the current 30 per cent.
downside is that the chain will also introduce an eighth top category
for redemptions at its most popular properties. These hotels will
require 40,000 points for a one-night redemption stay, up from the
previous 30,000. The hotels that fall under the new category
- Paris Marriott Hotel Champs Elysees
- Renaissance Paris Vendome
- JW Marriott Capri Tiberio Palace Resort & Spa
- Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
- London Marriott Hotel County Hall
- London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
- London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch
- London Marriott Hotel Park Lane
- Le Merigot, A JW Marriott Beach Hotel & Spa, Santa Monica
- Renaissance Chancery Court London
- New York Marriott East Side
- New York Marriott Marquis
- Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square
- South Beach Marriott Hotel
says that it will honour any redemption booked before January 15 at the
current rates, so if you’re looking to visit any of the above
properties next year now might be the time to book your stay. Equally new redemptions cannot be made under the revised scheme until January 15, and members cannot benefit from the fifth free night or increased Platinum Elite bonuses until this time.
For more information visit marriott.com.
Report by Mark Caswell