Forum Replies Created
Alex, thats like saying not to fly because of an incident that happened before…. I can assure you the tours in Singapore are very highly controlled (like everything in Singapore) and there shouldn’t be an issue… having said that I was giving different ideas, you take or leave at your pleasurein reply to: Singapore30 Aug 2018
I have lived in Singapore for 4 years and I have read all the comments and I agree with some but here is the “locals” view
1. To clear up one comment, Trump stayed at the Shanghai La probably one of the best hotels on the island and if I may recommend they have the Shangri La Residences which with the young ones you are bringing may be a better option than hotel rooms? You can sign for food etc in the hotel and have access to the excellent pool. You are literally a 5 minute walk from Orchard Road with all possibilities from there!
2. Sentosa is a great location to take the kids, with Universal Studios, Sea World and many more attractions, there is also a all encompassing water park which is well policed and the kids if swimmers will love.
3. Eating out is generally vwery expensive especially if there are many of you, the reports on the Hawker Centres are correct, great food for local prices and you won’t be disappointed, in fact there were a number of stalls that were awarded Michelin Stars which is a testament to their quality.
4. Don’t be swayed to stay at the MBS… It is a zoo full of main land Chinese and their ideas of fun will not be conducive with yours so I highly recommend to avoid staying there… Having said that going to the infinity pool is a must but check whether they allow the kids I don’t think they do!
5. One of the best places to enjoy the Bay at night is at the pool of the Fullerton Bay Hotel (not to be confused with the Fullerton Hotel) again you would need to check with the kids but the Light show is spectacular and they will enjoy and you must go to the MBS shopping mall with the ice cream stands and food outlets a must but take away the CC from your loved one its not cheap
6. One of the trips you should take the kids on is the Duck Tour whereby you get to tour on the streets and then go into the Bay which is a great hour or so and the kids get duck whistles etc you’ll hate the noise they’ll love it …
7. Taxis are cheap but if there is many of you can be a bit of a chore, but the MRT and buses are the best in the world with your mobile working down there you wont be out of touch.
8. Singapore is extremely warm and humid and as mentioned you will need to keep the kids hydrated most important, I agree the zoo is amazing and the night safari is enchanting and not to be missed …
I am more than happy to add more if you wish please let me know, I have loved the last 4 years living in Singapore and as others may atest if you are also looking for some sport bars where you can have a beer and watch sport I am also your man ….
Enjoy your tripin reply to: Singapore30 Aug 2018
Now I am back straight back into it. My husband and I along with some friends flew to Tel Aviv from Singapore with TK, and had very mixed experiences with them…. Our flight from Singapore, he and I were upgraded to J so the experience was a good one. We stayed for a couple of days in Istanbul and then left for Tel Aviv which is only a 2 hour flight
On this flight they managed to obliterate a suitvcase of ours and we were delayed over 1 hour at the airport because we just didn’t see that they had wrapped it in sellephane and we didn’t recognise it, we were assured that the bag had not left Istanbul and was only after this one piece of wrapped luiggage was the only one left on the belt did we see that it was ours…
The their credit they accepted full responsibility and we had to go to a supplier and get a like for like replacement so only a slight inconvenience
When we flew back to Istanbul from TA we specifically told them that we were not flying directly to SIngapore and that we would be staying in Istanbul for a night, my husbands bag made it off but mine again was lost…. 2 hours later it seems that the luggage was in a transit bin and they were reluctant to go and get… Well they had never met a very insistent traveller who threatened them with all sorts of wrath and finally we got the bag, another 2-3 hours wasted..
We tried on our way back to Singapore to upgrade our fully flex tickets and they promptly told us it was to be over $3000 USD each so we didn’t take that option and having checked our bags through hoped and prayed that our luggage would arrive !
Well it didn’t my husbands bag didn’t make the flight and was finally delivered 2 days later, so in closing their in flight service is not bad even in Y I was not totally disappointed but their baggage handling and ground service is absolute pants and I will next time fly CX from HKG I will not fly them againin reply to: Advice/suggestions re TK customer service?29 Aug 2018
I am back after a long hiatus and this thread caught my eye, simply because this happened to Martyn!
Now as you all know I am 2-3 sectors every week and this includes long and short haul, and I can honestly say in over 30 years of flying I have NEVER EVER missed a flight due to my own “negligence”
Are you sure this was just a catch up over tea and biscuits Martyn as I too have been weighlayed with you (not at an airport luckily) but by the end we could have easily been on planet Zogg!!
With the upgrade to your new “modern” smart phone you should download the app which will keep you informed, however the upside travelling here in F would have been a benefit for you I hope they were well stocked with the bubbly?????29 Aug 2018
BugAdvisor one thing comes to mind, and its maybe finding a proper hobby comes to mind?? I cant begin to imagine how fascinating the “live” auction could have been for what I am told was a beautiful weekend weather wise in the UK!!in reply to: LHR T1 sell off.. (well sort off)23 Apr 2018
Firstly I do not work for Vueling, I am not associated with them in anyway and I am normally the first to complain if something goes wrong…
However back at the end of February I had to fly to Barcelona for business and I decided rather than pay the exorbitant amount to fly SQ direct I would fly BA through LHR, transfer to LGW and then fly to BCN
This was done with Vueling, I asked at the time whether they were any good and I was given various responses, but without any other way or indeed sitting in LHR for 5 hours I decided to take the plunge!
I have to say the whole experience in both directions, including check in, getting on the plane, arrival, luggage, departure etc and arrival were perfectly acceptable for a LCC, the service was as I expected if not slightly better and before this thread would have recommended anyone to try them.
One let down and this really wasnt the fault of the airline, it was through the very cold snap you guy had back in Feb/Mar and the plane luggage door somehow got stuck shut and we had to wait a while for our luggage, however with some colleagues unable to fly at all due to the weather even that was not a major issue!
I think this highlights that on any given day there can be exceptions to the norm and even the best carriers can have a poor day, I have experienced much worse on First World International airlines, so just wanted to add a bit of balance ….in reply to: Avoid Vueling1 Apr 2018
Try and keep me away Martyn, the Sushi place is definitely calling!
See you in May……29 Mar 2018
No Martyn thats the copious amounts of BA’s finest champagne that does that for you 🙂28 Mar 2018
rferguson thank you for that insight, what I dont see is any changes on the SIN route on both the 777 and 380 service, is this not regarded or deemed worthy as one of the longer sectors or is it already done??
Thanks 🙂28 Mar 2018
Just as an aside to this, what about if you want to travel to the World Cup this summer, would each and everyone who intends to travel need to jump through the same hoops? Not that I intend to go you understand, why go through the grief to see your team fail miserably again!!!!!!
The same question is asked for visas to India please state all the countries you have been to in the last 10 years and then stops after you’ve named 10 or so and that for me was just last month!!!
Are the visa forms on line as they are in India’s case?
I am fully sympathetic to Marc_ACB and his feelings towards the bigotry that the Russian Government has shown in the past and present to the LGBT community, there is nothing worse than just feeling unsettled in a country with views like that. However as also a Gay man I have spent a lot of time in Russia and have never had to deal with any form of prejudice as I just keep a low profile and you will be fine… I say to him don’t let their archaic views stop you from anything you want to do anywhere ……in reply to: Business trip to Moscow21 Mar 2018
Martyn, I dont understand, surely you know which terminal you are going into when you land in Heathrow, I mean I dont live in the UK anymore but know exactly which terminal my flight is arriving into..
BA generally 5 with a few exceptions
Star Alliance Terminal 2
Some of the ME 4 others 3
Trans Continental 3
It would be an issue here in SG as from time to time flights will end up in different terminals especially if you are flying SQ!!in reply to: Uber from Heathrow pick up point16 Mar 2018