Defcon5Back to Forum
Forum Replies Created
People are obsessed by BA in the corporate world because of the Executive Club.
Most airlines offer cheaper fares (particularly in J cabin) but people chose to travel on BA for individual loyalty.
If people chose this airline to get points for their own personal benefit then that’s absolutely fine. If they complain, it’s their choice.
Whether you go east, west, south or shorthaul, you can more often or not chose an airline that offers better fares and product. If you’re just after the BA status and miles then stick with them and suck it up. They do a job, but they’re not as good as other operators.in reply to: Happy New Year from the Cruzifier11 Jan 2018
Good post @DavidGordon10. Was having a similar conversation with some colleagues earlier about our travels in 2017. Here is my input:
– 70 sectors
– Best carrier – Virgin Atlantic
– Best flight – AMS- BOS with DL on the A330 in J
– Best airport – DCA airport in Washington – what a charming interior. Also, what’s the deal with the transportation pods at IAD? Had a surprisingly good experience at MRS too!
– Worst airport – Take your pick from Miami or La Guardia. Both awful
– Best lounge – Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse @ JFK – great menu and staff are awesome
– Worst lounge – BA @ Terminal 3 – only nice thing here is the view of runway 27L
– Best in flight entertainment – I missed it when it was on TV but managed to watch all of the Night Manager episodes on a flight with Virgin in November
– Best in flight drink – Sweet Water IPA with Delta. It’s not always on the menu, you have to ask 😉
– New carriers – Aegean and they were impressive! Good to see some short haul carriers have a full service offering
Here is to more in 2018, looking forward to heading to Asia and Africa for a change!
Safe travels all.in reply to: Personal statistics for 20172 Jan 2018
If you’re referring to the old J class seat on the A330 which was known as ‘the coffin’ then this will be an improvement. I am sure though by the end of 2018 these will have been retrofitted with the new J seat (which is much better) and Premium.
The A350 is due in 2019, it will be interesting to see what that looks like.
Still the best J cabin across the Atlantic.29 Dec 2017
When I was at Heathrow today they said all short haul flights after 1600 up until 1800 would be cancelled and probably most for the rest of the day.
BA – can and must do better.
The UK – needs a proper airport that can manage the strains like weather we have seen in the last 24 hours.
Neither of the above will happen.10 Dec 2017
Just heading back home after spending a couple of hours at Heathrow. Trying to get an accurate status of our flight proved extremely didficult with BA staff at T5 who were very nice but didn’t know what was going on and not very empowered to actually do anything.
Understand the weather causes problems which is fine, these things happen however,it would be good for everyone (customers and airport staff) if the communication was better from the top actually telling people what is really happening.
As it currently stands, the staff directed me to the website/app to try and change to the next available flight whilst the website is telling me to contact a member of staff at the airport who will be able to assist with the same change.
Might make it home for the second half of the football at least.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.in reply to: Bad weather disrupts flights, trains and roads10 Dec 2017
If the long term goal for BA is to continue to deliver high profits for shareholders, removing things like lounges which cost money would would be one element of an overall drive to reduce costs.
I am sure they weighed up their position on the route and the risk it would potentially bring to them by doing this but have still thought of it as the right thing to do.in reply to: BA YYZ (Toronto) Lounge to Close17 Oct 2017