YouTube: Iberia’s New Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• Anonymous

SergeantMajor
    Participant

I haven’t flown Iberia longhaul before, but will be doing so in the New Year. Their new business plus seat looks terrific:

http://www.weareyourstudio.com/iberia-new-business-class/

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Agreed SM, it does look terrific – good on Iberia’s management for bringing their Airline into the 21st century with a fresh new and innovative business class seat…

I am sure others will follow / catch up…

nmh1204
    Participant

looks so much nicer than BA to be honest

SergeantMajor
    Participant

I hear they only serve Cava on board, though.

nmh1204
    Participant

doesn’t matter to me to be honest, I don’t drink. The seat looks wider, and flatter than BA which will help my back, and the whole thing seems more spacious

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Well, I shall mostly be using it to sleep, so it can’t be all that bad.

nmh1204
    Participant

it looks great in seat and bed, and it seems to have a lot of foot room when sleeping

SergeantMajor
    Participant

I just hope I get a good crew.

Does anyone know what arrivals facilities (showers, etc.) are likely to be available for a morning arrival in MAD?

Just scroll down to T4 Showers Service on arrival.

http://www.iberia.com/gb/fly-with-iberia/madrid-airport/services/

I take it you will be arriving on a longhaul.

I love Cava!

Edited: link does not work!

BA-or-no-way
    Participant

http://www.iberia.com/gb/fly-with-iberia/madrid-airport/services/

SM I have only used business class departure facilities at MAD so have no first hand experience of the arrivals facilities at Barajas. Food and drinks were perfectly adequate and quite enjoyable pre-flight. I flew on the old J class seat to San Jose on an A340 which I was able to sleep on but the new one looks like a great improvement. Crew very good but entertainment and amount of food available rather disappointing.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Where are you flying to/from SM out of interest?

Would it be too much to ask to get a Seat Plans review on your experience. . .? It would be good to hear about it.

Looks a good product, similar to the Alitalia one, but as you have observed IB crews can vary in their enthusiasm for the job…

Actually even the old IB longhaul product looked pleasant and attractive.

esselle
    Participant

I flew MAD-LHR on the newly equiped A330 just before christmas, so whilst it was operating a C rather than J class service, I at least got to try out the new seat.

Overall, pretty comfortable, but nothing special. Table a bit flimsy, IFE average, seating position comfy enough, did not try in the sleeping position, and no idea what they offer in terms of pillow, blankets etc.

On my flight, the crew were everything you hope they will not be…….

BusinessBabble
    Participant

I’ve flown Iberia Business Plus (long haul) and Business Club (mid-haul) several times.

It’s a thoroughly Spanish affair which I quite enjoy, generally friendly cabin crew (their English often limited), Spanish food, cava, limited IFE compared to BA / Virgin, but you’re guaranteed a flat bed in Business Plus (used to be angled but they took out a several rows a few years back to provide extra space to make the old seats flat) which for me puts them at an advantage compared to the competition. Haven’t tried the new seat up looks like a further improvement.

There are showers in the VIP lounges at T4 (IB European) and T4C (IB long haul and BA). Both lounges nice enough place to spend a bit of time between flights, nice views, airy, good enough food and beverage offering.

Let me guess SM….you are off to El Salvador?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls