Yotel LGW – Good idea given no Arrivals Lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

I tried the Yotel in South Terminal LGW last week for the first time after arriving in Long Haul on BA.

In the past I used Hilton LGW for a few hours sleep and freshen up but having lost my Diamond Honors status recently, I thought to try Yotel.

The ‘Pod’ was everything I needed and all for less than GBP 50 for nearly 6 hours. I got some decent sleep had a nice warm shower. I will definitely use this again. From luggage collection to being tucked up in bed was maybe 5-7 minutes!

Also given that BA have removed the arrivals facility at LGW, I now choose Y+ on these inbound routes and use Yotel, this saving quite a significant sum.

capetonianm
    Participant

I’ve used this Yotel when I’ve had early morning departures and it serves its purpose very well. Quiet, clean and comfortable, helpful people on duty, and on my first stay I was pleasantly surprised to find that the ‘cabin’ exceeded my expectations as it was bigger and better equipped than I had expected.

Just a tip, and this is not meant to be a negative for Yotel, but all their rooms are underground, and if you want a room with a view, the Bloc Hotel offers that, but it’s more expensive.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Have also used Yotel at LHR T4 for early departures…actually as late as 10am!
    Very handy to arrive in the eve 8pm+, sleep above the Skyteam check in desks, with a 2 minute walk to get there. Prices overnight range from £69 (or hours used in daytime), staff are always welcoming, free hot drinks, and you can use the terminal F & B options very easily. “Double” premium cabins have a larger double bed, and more room for 2, the cabins much like a ferry, with compact seat, table, shower basin, and free wi fi, and movies as well as tv at the end of the bed. Toiletry items are available at a small charge and some healthy meals and snacks.
    I find them good fun and very useful, lessening the stress of morning departures totally.

Overnight they remove the early waking, and varying commutes an stresses to the airport. A valuable few hours extra in bed!
    Equally valuable for a transit or a few hours rest.
    NB: Please check where the Yotel is located. In T4 LHR is public / UK side meaning entering the UK and then re-entering. In Schiphol it is Airside, so no access to checked in baggage, and you will need you personal items to be suitable to go through security.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

I have looked at this as an overnight option before an early morning flight but have never used it. I have never been offered a competitive price and have found the much more spacious Premier Inn on the North Terminal at much the same price if not less… and even on occasion, the Yotel revenue management team seem appropriate to charge not much less than the Sofitel!.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls