Yet another paper airline

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Over the months we have reported on Flypop and Hans Airways. Neither so far has got off the ground.

Today I spotted yet another of these paper airlines: IPS Airways.

https://www.ipsairways.co.uk/

1 user thanked author for this post.

sandiego1
    Participant

I believe Flypop, although not carrying any passengers, actually has been flying freight on its leased A330 so is slightly more than a paper airline. IPS on the other hand may have a long way to go with a share capital of £100 and only one director, I wouldn’t be booking just yet, although their website does give a telephone number just in case you are tempted

2 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello sandiego1

Yes as you can imagine I referred to commercial passenger flights.

The Flypop website still says “Coming Soon” with no schedule information or possibility to make a booking.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I hadn’t realised that Flypop was involved in cargo operations as my colleague reported at the end of January.

Originally the plan was for this airline to operate passenger flights between UK and India.

Now a photo has appeared on Twitter to show Flypop positioning a flight into Manchester.

Today Flypop will be operating a charter flight for Tui to Cancun.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Much to mu surprise I now see that IPS Airways (ipsairways.co.uk) has now activated its website.

For the month of August it displays a limited schedule from EMA (East Midlands) and LBA (Leeds) to Pakistan.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls