Yellow fever

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

• simonjames
    Participant

I’d acquiesce with Flying Doc on the issue of personal protection. I wouldn’t be joyous in that locality of the world without a present YF inoculation.

handbag
    Participant

Yellow Fever is Mandatory for all BA Worldwide and Mixed Fleet Crew.

We are told –
    Yellow Fever vaccination is mandatory for all flight and cabin crew
    flying to Sub-Saharan Africa.

I always keep my YF certificate up to date as mozzies absolutely adore me.

SimonS1
    Participant

Adityaraavan – genuine question, is it essential to keep bumping threads from months and years back?

JohnHarper
    Participant

I thought these old threads were being locked.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Unfortunately not, apparently…

I have to disagree Gentlemen. Yellow Fever is still a very relevant topic

transtraxman
    Participant

Not everybody has been a regular reader for the last 8 years (or whatever).
    It is good and essential to refresh memories as well as provide up to date information for newer readers.
    Remember that with time some of the information changes so it is much better to contrast old beliefs with new knowledge.

Globalti
    Participant

Late to this discussion as always but just wanted to warn travellers to most African countries (and a few others I expect) that nobody gives a fig about yellow fever but if you haven’t got that certificate they WILL use it as a means of extracting cash from you.

Yet another money-making scam for corrupt airport officials. The latest in Nigeria is to “fine” anybody found to have anything edible in their luggage, which is, er, most Nigerians returning with gifts for family and friends.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

South Africa still treat Yellow Fever very seriously if coming from certain countries such as Zambia, Malawi etc.

If transiting through JNB to those countries a good tip is you can get your vaccination from the Pharmacist airside and this will of course be valid for when you return.

maxgeorge
    Participant

Agreed, LP, and, as I noted above, you may not be allowed to board flights out of JNB to Zambia, DRC etc without a valid Yellow Fever cert., a requirement not always made clear when booking or at check-in.

That’s helpful news about jabs at the airside apteek. Term. A , I assume. Somewhere along the main hallway? What do they charge for yellow fever? Cost me US$120 in California.

Personal note – are you originally from Lugano, or do you just invest the proceedings of your piracy there? Lovely lakeside city – I used to holiday there, and on Isola Bella, when I was a nipper.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls