Wry looks from BA cabin crew

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Sampled some truly excellent cabin service on a recent BA flight LHR-DXB. Everything just done right, from the initial greeting through the drinks and meal service to the duty-free sales. Really, pitch-perfect.

So I popped my head round the galley curtain and told them so. I still think BA’s cabin crews, when on form, are a notch above the rest. Anyway, broad smiles and “We think we’re the best, too!”

“But your lords and masters need to have another think about all this penny-pinching. I’ve got a Star Alliance card now – I haven’t used it yet, but a year or two ago I wouldn’t have applied for one.”

Broad smiles changed to wry grins. “If we were in the pub right now, we’d tell you what we think, over a beer.”

And for what it’s worth, the cabin crew think BA’s abandonment of checking luggage through on flights that aren’t registered connections is infuriating, as well.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

TOH2

I am sufficiently p’d off with BA/IAG about their hardline stance over baggage interlining with different PNRs that I took some time out to ring the BAEC Gold line and give them a polite but firm blast. It’s only if sufficient people make a song and dance of it that BA’s beanies are likely even to register discontent by their customer base.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Gentlemen

The BA of old is gone.

The current company is not greatly concerned with individual customer feedback and monitors it at an aggregate level from surveys, as well as by monitoring financial KPIs.

What you get now is a ‘value engineered’ approach designed to maximise margin, whilst delivering the minimum acceptable product.

You can make a song and dance if you wish, but it will have no effect.

As for cabin crew, Willie Walsh’s recent interview comments on the strike made it very clear that they are not high up the priority list for receiveing any lurve from BA, so motivated crews will continue to be an exception.

Sorry, but that’s the way it is – I am in the middle of an ex MAN trip to the ME and my client got change from £500 for a WTP ticket – this airline has downwardly mobile intentions.

Of course, it will all end in tears (despite the buffer that is fortress Heathrow) as the stratgy is fundamentally wrong, but in the meantime it’s a case of adjust expectations and buy on price.

ontherunhome
    Participant

I have just read on BBC website that BA are now introducing 12 more seats on A320 to bring it up to 180. 29 inch legroom, the same as Easyjet, and 1″ less than Ryanair.

I have to book a flight to Washington, and despite being a past loyal BA Customer, i might just try KLM from my local airport, avoid LHR and just walk away from BA. Enough is enough.

Charles-P
    Participant

I have flown a few times with BA recently and their service has been excellent. Most recently my wife and I flew back from holiday having been visiting friends and the quality of the crew and aircraft was above reproach. BA is now our first choice for every flight.

DerekVH
    Participant

I flew back from Male in J last week. Aircraft was filthy, IFE was not working in the whole of the front J cabin (10 hour day flight). It was apparent all the staff wanted to do was get the cabin service out of the way as soon as possible so they could go and rest. Two choices of white wine (I was in row 2 and first choice had “run out”). When the Duty Free service started after lunch it was then noted that NO seats had a duty free catalogue; this always happens at the beginning of the month according to the CSM (I wonder if TourVest are aware of this)? I know this is a “bucket and spade” route but I still paid £3k per ticket. All said I agree with FDOS, complaining to BA would be a complete and utter waste of my time other than receiving standard reply no 68.

Charles-P
    Participant

Derek,

Sounds awful. Not my experience at all with many flights on BA over the past few months. My most recent flight was from the US and we experienced the complete opposite, that being said I would strongly advise you to let BA know of the circumstances of your flight. They do take it seriously and despite what some posters here would have you believe they do take action.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

The answer is clear.

Always make sure you are booked on the same flight as Charles-P and TominScotland and you will receive excellent service.

Charles-P
    Participant

Am always pleased to fly with (most) BT forum members especially on the excellent BA.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls