Would you do budget?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

HughThistle
    Participant

Times are tough. If you’ve get a clean room, wifi and it’s near where you want to be, would you consider saving some travel budget on one of the more basic chains?

Anyone else learning to live without the spa?

Depends who. Some are OK. I quite liked ‘Buzz’, now sadly departed, who I used in preference to Air France on their route to Lyons. On the other hand, I would rather walk to my destination whilst having my teeth pulled with a pair of rusty pliers than even give a penny to that gobshite O’Leary.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I don’t think swearing, especially when aimed at an individual, is appropriate on a public forum such as this.

The OP was referring to Hotel chains, not airlines. One might perhaps have guessed that by the forum’s very own title “Hotels”…

I prefer to maintain standards, but maybe shorten the trip by a day or two. Most pricey hotels now offer added value like 3 nights for the price of 2 or access to the Exec lounges, and these can often work out more cost effective than economising on longer stays.

However I have recently stayed in a Travelodge Liverpool Street (£65/night) and the new Indigo hotel in Paddington (£55/night) instead of more expensive hotels and have been impressed by the offering, as long as you remember to bring your own toiletries at the Travelodge and was seriously impressed by the http://www.hipaddington.com which included amenities like free WiFi and Aveda bath products not offered in its sister hotel the Intercontinental Park Lane (now available for £139/night a previously unheard of bargain).

Having said that, some great rates can be had now, so if you are staying in the hotel and making use of the facilities now is a great time to splash out and arrive early, use the facilities and request a late check out to get more bang for your luxury buck!

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Slightly condescending perhaps?

Greenwop
    Participant

I have recently started using an Ibis (St.Cathrine) in Brussels after my company cut the nightly allowance (and the pound’s free fall against the Euro). The bathrooms are fine and once you’re in a bed and asleep it doesn’t matter where you are.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls