Worst Luggage Service

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

randyspansion
    Participant

The tag “Priority” does not mean anything. 8 out 10 tagged with First Class did not come out first, especially flying into China. It also easily get delayed during transit at HKG. So the policy, “Luggage Always with the Passenger on the same fight” is not being followed at CX, and that is for sure

r ryan
    Participant

I have given up complaining, but I agree, it’s false advertising and I don’t know why they bother.

In my experience the number of times that the First or business bags came out first is about the same as random selection. In first class I have had the very first bag (once) and the SO last bag I had to chase the baggage guys , and everything in between. Many places unload heavy or odd/big first which means the backpackers are off and racing while you are waiting, and in Sydney they seem to have perverse delight in unloading in the order of big. steerage. business then first. I have had two equal sized checked priority tagged bags come out nearly first and last ; and of course, first and lost, and lost and last. Zurich and Singapore seem to have a higher success rate; London and Sydney not, and in New York I can’t tell tell because the last two times i was in the immigration queue for over two hours, and by that time all the bags had been slung off into a Samsonite mountain.

Speaking of JFK, after a First Class baggage no-show (almost the entire aircraft was not loaded it turns out – a VERY long line) the one person taking the lost baggage reports was chewing gum loudly with an open mouth (lovely, not) and had such stupendously long fake fingernails was typing the report a letter at a time with a rubber tipped pencil. So surreal you couldn’t make it up. I was second in line and was at the the counter for 20 minutes for her till fill in about 40 words. I hate to think when the last in line got to her

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

I have a theory that generally airlines have little influence on the baggage delivery efficiency at airports they operate in and they are at the mercy of the local baggage handlers, as Flyingfox has pointed out and I have experienced myself such scenario at various airports around the world. I am also a top tier flyer for many airlines but high status does not guarantee promt delivery!!!

I think all the airlines can do is to reflect the customers’s feedbacks to the local airport authority and request better services for the future but whether the situation improves or not is uncertain.

My colleagues in the USA all drag their large cabin bags with them into the plane and never check-in any luggage!!!

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Most Middle East airports seem to manage the process, but that’s about the only place I have received luggage first on the belt.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls