Worst in cabin movies on BA ever?

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)

• stevescoots
    Participant

sometimes less is more..except if you are a real FF doing long hual every 2 weeks. having just done RWT on BA and Cathay and doing montley to Asia on QR then BA’s IFE is very very poor. Cathay’s and QR;s back catalogues are excellent, QR having 100 films + TV for selection.Even so I still carry my own media with me, its the only time I get to catch up on TV!

Sorry VK, BA offerings may be suitable for you, but for most FF it would not be

LeTigre
    Participant

VK, when you say you prefer to watch your “own content”, do you mean films in which you star personally?

RichHI1
    Participant

Bringing Blu rays or Itunes content on board has to be the way to go if you are a FF. Being somone who does not live a charmed life and gets planes and seats where the IFE does not work, where the movies suck and where they keep rebooting the system, I always carry something, Archos, Ipad, Laptop(s) so I can be self freliant… but then I often take my own Macadamias, Cookies and other treats as I do not trust airlines…

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I think I’ve come to the conclusion that I prefer the map and music!

Krisworld has really good content at present, IME it comes in neck and neck with ICE and slightly ahead of Studio CX but I don’t really watch that much of it. If there’s something on I want to see then I will watch it but I don’t watch it for the sake of it. I think the last thing I looked out for was the Iron Lady which I think I saw in January.

I think after those three options, the rest are very definitely second or third tier systems.

RichHI1
    Participant

You say you prefer the map but it is amazing how often I spend time looking the map. I remember when hou were lucky if they photocpied a Map, drew the course in flurescent marker and stuck it up in the galley. The new Maps with animation are quite fun. I was amazed when I last flew VS (many years ago) that it was possible to pin point the position of Mecca on a flight to SFO. (before anyone complains I am citing this as a technical advance not a religous comment).

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Oh yes RichHI1, I remember the photocopied maps too. I also remember taking my atlas with me and trying to figure out where I was, that wasn’t too successful.

I think my fascination with the map is that I never tire of being amazed by this world we all live in and how amazing it can look from the sky. I love flying in daylight and no matter how many times I’ve done SE Asia to Europe during the day, I still hope the sky is clear so I can see the ground. Some of the features along the way are amazing.

Now, I just wish there was a way of doing Europe to SE Asia during the day!

Crossing Australia also fascinates me even if it is mile after mile of arid ground which hardly varies but sometimes you see a bit of movement, who is it and what are they up to!

RichHI1
    Participant

You are lucky with your choice of routes, LHR-LAX is white and brown in the summer and white in the winter. Does Canada really have global warming? As for LAX-HNL clouds and sea…. Although the views when you approach at nights are awesome. After the horrendous 20
    Hours from London, when you first spot the lights of Hilo and know you will land in 40 minutes is Fabulous.

Capedoctor
    Participant

Just flew AA from SFO to ABQ. Films were Tintin and Hugo, both inoffensive little films which I paid for in the movies( and regretted doing so).

The headsets offered on AA are so indescribably useless that I can’t even begin to rant. And in Econ they charge $2 for them. I tried to return them once because I thought they were broken.
    When I fly AA I always bring the ones that you can buy from virgin america which also cost $2 and can be bought at their boarding counters. They have cups on them which prevent external sound.

I am tempted to get a set of BOSE but the gs who wear those look so smug I couldn’t bring myself to get them.

RichHI1
    Participant

Capedoctor, buy them. I have had mine (qc2s ) for many years and I have never regretted. Movies without NC phones are impossible, you can use them with your own laptop, tablet, mp3, you are not wondering if you will get ear infection, you don’t get a broken pair Or a dead battery and I have never been offered anything better on an aircraft. I had two pairs of Sony NC’s both broke, a friend lent me his top of the range Sennheisners and they were GbP 100 more and the noise cancelling was not as good.
    Two things to watch for, on ear phones (qc3) do not make your ears perspire but their noise cancellation is less, fully enclosed (QC 1,2,1.5) can make your ears warm but to my ear sound better. Rechargable battery can be cheaper than buying batteris but I would always buy a pair tbat allow regular battery use. It is inevitable you will forget and leave them switched on. If you carry 2 spare batteries in case no prob if it is a dead rechargable you are SOL as you will have to recharge before use.
    They are fabulous and work well with no movie if there are loud infants nearby. Buy in US as price particularly on net and in Bose outlets is much cheaper than UK and they have worldwide guarantee. Uk bose replaced mine when Insat on them… It was dark is my excuse, nothing to do with the extra glass of port with the cheese…
    Ps anyone who wears them in a terminal ….

Capedoctor
    Participant

Tempting me Rich…

Incidentally, they were offered on a 6 hr+ by an American Airline, I forget which, and they were great. But I just left my kindle on a plane and would probably leave them as well. Will risk my virgin headphones at $2

VintageKrug
    Participant

Can’t agree more with Rich; my Bose QC1s were replaced FoC with QC2s and still going strong.

They’re expensive, but I’ve had two small issues with my current set and they’ve replaced/refurbed FoC and wouldn’t switch to QC3s.

In ear buds are also very good for shorter flights where you don’t want the kerfuffle of the whole Bose shebang. I use these from Sennheiser and they are superb:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX-400-II-Precision/dp/B001EZWO5O

ALWAYS buy Bose in the US, there’s normally a good mileage offer via AA.com – I thought AA used Bose as its provider, but maybe they’ve switched?

RichHI1
    Participant

AA current offering is Bose QC 1.5. This is for International and Transcontinental Premium classes.

stevescoots
    Participant

I am using QC 2, have been for a couple of years, never travel without them. sometimes I just use them to drown out cabin noise when trying to sleep. they are perfect fit over my ears so never feel presure as with some others I have tried from B&W etc. I cannt use inner ear ones…my ears are stange and nothing ever stays in without tape holding them in!

and yes, i look smug 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls