Worst in cabin movies on BA ever?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)

• Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

You really must stop trying to confuse nasty with fact VintageKrug.

They say the truth always hurts and in your case it clearly does.

Clearly the focus is back on me rather than CX Diamond! That’s OK, I don’t mind but I don’t like it when you bully the ladies.

Oh, IIRC War Horse which you state is coming next month to BA was on ICE three months ago. Now, do try to keep up!

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think the BA offering is competitive.

Do I want to see the latest releases on a plane? Probably not; they are better viewed at the cinema or in the comfort of my own home.

Either way, from my experience, I am rarely short of something entertaining to watch.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Well, what an apology, you don’t want to see the latest offerings on the plane, you’d rather watch things that were several months old.

Five stars for defending the indefensible and a free upgrade to one of the fourteen seats in the virtual F cabin.

How sad.

RichHI1
    Participant

New First?

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

No, the one on his flight simulator!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Feeble. Haven’t you some revision to be getting on with?

Henkel.Trocken – 14/04/2012 15:25 GMT

No, the one on his flight simulator!

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

As above, the truth always hurts and it’s certainly getting to you today VintageKrug.

Could you not spend the afternoon annoying the good people at Flyertalk or have they barred you again?

VintageKrug
    Participant

You do seem to be on a roll this afternoon, Henkel.Trocken.

Your post-stalking is something to behold. Right, now my hangover has worn off, I’m off for a run in Central Park. Ciao!

RichHI1
    Participant

Nice day for it.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

VK is it this one you are using?

http://outsideinteractive.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_code=VR&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CENTRAL

or some other virtual experience you are fond of.

Best spend your time on something a little more beneficial :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/business/

Enjoy studying.

excessbaggage
    Participant

For what it’s worth among the personal arguments here, i think that it’s not necessarily essential for the IFE to offer brand new releases. More important is to think about what sort of movies work, in terms of attention span (broken by meal service, toilet breaks, etc), the limited size of the screen, etc.

On a recent BA flight, among the choices were Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and Drive. Both fairly new, but not brand new releases, and i hadn’t seen either.

I had wanted to see Tinker… for a while, and started watching that first. But a combination of its being quite a dark, moody film which didn’t really work on a small screen IMHO, plus the fact that you need to concentrate wholeheartedly on the plot, meant i quickly gave up, and will watch on DVD at home.

Drive, on the other hand, was excellent – easy to follow, easy to watch, fast paced for the most part – a good inflight film.

I’m pretty sure Inception was also on the list – a great film in many people’s view, but not one i would want to watch on a small screen inflight – far better to see either on the big screen, or at very least a large flatscreen TV with good sound.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I think whether an airline offers the latest releases really depends on whether it’s a premium carrier or an also ran. What works for one person does not necessarily work for another so the wider the choice the more likely there will be things that suit everyone on board.

Given VK’s stated preference not to watch new releases and his penchant for Central Park maybe he has some connection with this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108395/plotsummary

Perhaps he was even the star.

RichHI1
    Participant

Excessbaggage you are correct. I take my laptop and watch blu rays when on long flights. The new ipads are pretty good. Not 1080p
    But when linked a good pair of Bose NC’s you can get a reasonable outcome.

I really wish live tv was available more in flights ex UK. AA are promising international WiFi on 773 so will be interesting to see how robust it is. Tried to slingbox on a plane once and it was nowhere near good enough speed.

CXDiamond
    Participant

HT, you are being a bit naughty, very funny though and probably true.

I just love the idea that it’s better to have less of a choice of IFE, does he ever read the rubbish he posts I wonder in his mission to make BA appear to be the best when in fact he makes them look third tier rather than second.

Glad it’s you that’s ‘stalking’ VK today rather than me!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Hardly funny, and HT’s suggestion is not in the least bit true.

I prefer to watch my own content, but on extra long flights it’s nice to watch the IFE or nod off listening to the dulcet tones of something from the BBC.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls