Worst in cabin movies on BA ever?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 88 total)

• Binman62
    Participant

A movie on a shhorthaul flight on BA! Hold the front page,,……
    Agree choice was sensitive due school holidays…….but also gnome and Juliet simply fabulous film I have now seen 3 times, and still laugh out loud. Was supposed to be kids movie but contains some brilliant adult one liners.

Swissdiver
    Participant

TED.com is a must know site. Basically it is a conference organiser that is imposing one rule: 18 minutes! Whoever is the speaker (Bill Gates, the Clinton’s – separately, Bono, and many more). 18 minutes is the time of a sandwich…

My all time favourite is
    http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

But other ideas are developed. For instance, a realistic way to drastically reduce torture around the world: http://tedxtalks.ted.com/video/TEDxZurich-Karen-Tse-On-how-to or how much we are failing to understand motivation in business: http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/dan_pink_on_motivation.html

Beware, some of the speakers might be very entertaining!

andrew.gill
    Participant

Having done LHR IAD yesterday, I’m going to stand up for Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

I’d seen most movies alreasdy, so watched the preview channel and this, together with Win Win kept me amused and out of trouble

andrew

Danwolf
    Participant

Love TED, some great talks on there. Am in galleries lounge now, saw that the film selection for LHR – HKG is stale at best, so have been downloading films/tv shows in anticipation…

RichHI1
    Participant

Danwolf let me know if anything you download is good. Got a flight to JFK end of the month and I have been scouring Itunes and Blu Rays but nothing new gets good reviews although the Conspirator with James Mcavoy looks like it might be OK. Seem to be very few good movies at present. Would appreciate feedback. Could be worse, the Smurf Movie will be on planes about Christmas…

Danwolf
    Participant

@RichHT1: depends on taste: have managed to download as follows: flms – kings speech & cars (yes I have a ‘serious’ job, but , my friend wants to see cars 2, so thought I’d see the first one so the 2nd one made sense)…I downloaded some tv series I wanted to catch up on as well (I struggle to sleep on planes, regardless of whether it’s econ, econ + or biz – eventually first?) so also downloaded torchwood and weeds, in case i have an hour of ‘non-sleep’

Downloaded these Tv series prior to lounging at LHR…

…actually, even Cars sounds better than the smurf movie…then again I did watch them when I was growing up… 🙂

RichHI1
    Participant

Understood, appreciate the prompt reply.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Some better offerings this month. Rio is tolerable is you’re in brain meltdown mode, and bright enough to entertain the children, Water for Elephants is my top tip.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

VK – you made a point of mentioning you departed T5 last night. You have reported on virtually every post available this evneing, are you intending to share the flight details / service / cabin etc………? Would be very interested to hear.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yes,will do! Not just yet, though. Sleep beckons. Another MF success story!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

look forward and sleep well………..

samanthah
    Participant

Bit of a bump here but I personally believe that there needs to be more consideration when an airline chooses films for their passengers. I remember a few years back one airline played Red Eye which didn’t make me feel any better during the flight! (Yes, I can hear you all yelling “toughin’ up!”).

Although action films are great to keep the mind on ‘stand-by’, the big explosions and special effects on a tiny screen, really don’t do the film any justice.

I’ve stuck to either watching old classic movies or TV shows where the production quality is not so high but the story lines are second to none.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Samanthah hun i know how you feel i would love to see more soaps like TOWIE and Hollyoaks!!! ;o) xxx

ps are you related to “lloydah”

RichHI1
    Participant

BB OK got to ask, what the heck is TOWIE, a Welsh sitcom?
    Worst film I ever saw on TWA was Apollo 13.
    AA have a voting page for future movies which works well though we still get the crappy family friendly cringe fests on the main screen on 757’s.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Snakes on a Plane. – Probably has been banned to avoid hysteria.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 88 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls