Worrying article re B787\'s safety if true

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Johnnyg
    Participant

Interesting article, very worrying if true re B787’s, this in addition to Max issues,

Boeing Whistleblower: Our Dreamliners Are Compromised

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

True,

The piece on Flyertalk is a discussion of the original reporting at the New York Times, which can be read here

Claims of Shoddy Production Draw Scrutiny to a Second Boeing Jet

Workers at a 787 Dreamliner plant in South Carolina have complained of defective manufacturing, debris left on planes and pressure to not report violations.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Rockhopper
    Participant

Following hot on the heels of their issues with the USAF halting deliveries of new B767 based tankers due to quality issues it does make you wonder…

https://www.businessinsider.de/boeing-ramp-up-inspections-after-us-air-force-rejects-kc-46-deliveries-2019-4?r=US&IR=T

capetonianm
    Participant

There was a time when I felt safer on a Boeing than an Airbus.

Recently I have reversed that view.

I felt very safe yesterday on what may be the only long-haul widebody type never to suffer a fatal accident.

nevereconomy
    Participant

rockhopper – is this the tanker that Airbus had the contract for but was cancelled?

Have so far avoided 787 travel – never felt entirely comfortable about the battery issue solution…

canucklad
    Participant

You have to wonder if the dilution of standards and accountability is linked to the spreading of responsibilities and decision making from Seattle

Rockhopper
    Participant

nevereconomy – yes the same. If the US Air Force had been allowed to have the Airbus option, which I understand they preferred, then they would have the tankers in service rather than the multitude of delays with the Boeing acquisition and the embarrassment of having to stop Boeing delivering aircraft not once, but twice due to quality issues….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls