Worldwide by Easyjet

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

A very interesting (IMO) e-mail popped into my mailbox this morning……..

With Worldwide by easyJet you can now book flights to far away destinations like New York and Singapore directly with us!

That’s right. From now on we can connect you around the world and across Europe in one handy place, with a quick and easy transfer through London Gatwick Airport.

Interesting days ahead, especially if the price is right.

I wonder if they’ll extend it to AMS and other spoke hubs that they fly to.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Tom wrote a piece about this EZY/LGW Connects initiative some three months ago.

Easyjet, Norwegian and Westjet to enable customers to connect at London Gatwick

But I can’t help thinking that if EZY had agreed to interline with Lufthansa (on which we reported in 2015) at FRA/MUC there would have been many more connection possibilities.

Easyjet to align with Lufthansa?

Flightlevel
    Participant

easyjet have a rule not to add any service that costs them money,maybe the LH interline did ‘though if LGW operation succeeds FRA/MUC maybe next?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve always thought they could provide short haul services to the long haul routes of BA. Easyjet can possibly operate them more profitably and more efficiently than BA can.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Further expansion here…

Easyjet extends self-connect to Milan Malpensa

I thought it interesting that Easyjet is saying it is in talks with a Middle Eastern carrier – I wonder whcih one?

Meanwhile, the airline will fly 250,000 passengers tomorrow…

“easyJet will fly a quarter of a million passengers tomorrow on the last Friday before Christmas, which will be the airline’s busiest ever Festive Friday.
    Over 246,000 passengers are already booked to fly with easyJet tomorrow for Christmas getaways and family visits across Europe.
    This is over 14,000 more than last year’s Festive Friday at easyJet, and more last minute bookings are expected tomorrow as passengers get into the Christmas spirit.”

I’m very glad I won’t be at the airport tomorrow…

travelsforfun
    Participant

easyJet already has a mileage redemeption arrangement with Emirates – and Emirates is the only one of the big three Middle Eastern carriers serving Gatwick – so that makes Emirates the obvious candidate.

I have the delights of Heathrow T4 and Schiphol to look forward tomorrow, for my sins…

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=842902]easyJet already has a mileage redemeption arrangement with Emirates – and Emirates is the only one of the big three Middle Eastern carriers serving Gatwick – so that makes Emirates the obvious candidate.
    I have the delights of Heathrow T4 and Schiphol to look forward tomorrow, for my sins…
    [/quote]

Good luck. And I hope everyone gets to where they want to safely and on time….

capetonianm
    Participant

I have the pleasure of not flying anywhere over the festering festive period. Not easyJet, BA, KL, LX, SA …. my next flight is not until the second week of January.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls