World’s Busiest Railway 2015 (Mumbai) – BBC2 TV show

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

navnov11
    Participant

Anybody watching this 4 part series currently showing on BBC Two?
    Started Monday and today is the last episode.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up Navnov, I wish I’d know earlier as I love these series. I’ll tune in with my iPlayer and hopefully be able to watch the earlier episodes.

navnov11
    Participant

yw luganopirate! Being a Mumbaikar and currently living abroad, it certainly brought back lots of memories.. especially the super dense crush load and hanging outside the doors!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think this is a repeat as I downloaded onto my ipod some time ago. Very interesting and again makes me want to finish my working life as a train or tube driver… MIND THE DOORS PLEASE!

MrMichael
    Participant

Fascinating programme, and I too like the “super dense crush” loads. One thing that so far not covered in detail…..in Mumbai they have an average of nine fatalities a day on the tracks. If we had that in London or even the UK our trains would hardly run. How the heck do they sort things out so quickly to not even be mentioned in reasons for train delays.

Edited to add: Martyn, I believe FGW have vacancies out of the West Country bases.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

MartynSinclair Not a repeat. Presented (rather badly) by Dan Sno, Robert Llewellyn and Anita Rani.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@MrMichael – thank you very much for the heads up. I am having a look at the application process at the moment.

@ImissConcorde, I must have seen another documentary about the same train service

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ MartynSinclair – 27/08/2015 18:49 BST

Good luck with the application process…! ยง : – )

JordanD
    Participant

@MartynSinclair – sadly not a repeat of the much more excellent Indian Railways series previously broadcast.

Have to say, the programme overpromised and undelivered. Full of holes, some inaccuracies and actually quite lightweight. Some nuggets, but by tonight there was more than a handful of reusing film from the previous four shows, which was disappointing.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Missed it due to a 16 hour power cut following a massive thunderstorm. Hope it’s on the iPlayer. Will watch tonight if it is.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ JordanD – 28/08/2015 01:03 BST

+1

Agreed: the series was rather more on a par with the wholly lightweight series on Heathrow (and “A very British airline” – risible). In contrast, the series about the Indian hill railways was utterly superb and has ensured that, once the Darjeeling line has finally been rebuilt after the landslip that removed a significant section, this is on my bucket list, together with the route up to Simla. Personally, I think that the British left the odd positive thing behind from the experience of the Raj.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls