World Cup SA Business Flights?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

olliewb
    Participant

To all the experienced members of BT I wonder if you can help….

I am planning to visit South Africa next year for the World Cup and two of us are looking to fly from the UK on Business. As you might expect there seem to be little or no “deals” around on the flights.

I recall reading previous posts that mention better deals if your flight begins outside the UK, Amsterdam, Brussels etc…., although as it is World Cup time all flights look as though they are at a premium.

Indirect flights don’t bother us (that much if we can get a deal!) and ideally we would want to arrive into Joburg – although another airport in SA would work. Flying from LHR, BHX or MAN, again doesn’t hugely matter to us.

Ideally flying 24/25 June 2010 and returning 4/5 July 2010, if anyone has any ideas of some deals that might be about it would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks.

RoadKing
    Participant

I’d recommend you check out starting from Oslo. Intercontinental flights on BA for us are usually a great bargain.

Like, I typically land a return flight in Club World for the segment OSL – LHR- LAX for approx £2000. Restricted of course.

Having said that, it seems to me that trans atlantic flights are cheaper than others intercontinental ones.

You may want to check it using http://www.britishairways.no rather than the co.uk extension. It is in English so the only issue you will face it that the prices are in NOK. (Divide by 10)

yahoo1000
    Participant

you can fly kenya airways via nbo to jnb for £1960 in business.
    ams via lhr on BA for £2058.
    egyptair via cai for under £1200.

Hess963
    Participant

Normally prices will raise due to the occasion expected. So I can only recommend to search all airlines and book as early as possible. Direct flights with SA, BA and VS will be as expected more expensive than probably EK, EY, QR, TK, IB… But if you really want to save money–you might try your luck with MS ( be aware they have not got the normal standard seatings like BA, VS etc.. and an adventure while transisting in CAI as well as the F&B service could be very “different” than expected in a contemporary C class service) .

olliewb
    Participant

Thanks to you all very useful.

Current thinking is to take VA to nairobi using miles in upper and then use Kenya for onward transit to Joburg, as you might expect all rewards seats for CapeTwon or Joburg (direct) with VA are long gone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls