World Class: Cocktails at T5 Galleries South

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

If you’re partial to a cocktail, you can check out the World Class Bar, sponsored by Diageo, in the T5 Galleries South until mid July.

http://www.dfnionline.com/article/Diageo-partners-with-BA-to-launch-lounge-bar-1861209.html

“The new bar focuses on a selection of ultra-premium brands from the Diageo Reserve Collection including Tanqueray No10 gin, Johnnie Walker Gold Label blended Scotch whisky, CĂ®roc vodka, Ketel One vodka and Ron Zacapa rum. Passengers in the lounge can enjoy complimentary cocktails and masterclasses with brand ambassadors from some of the spirits brands available.”

StephenLondon
    Participant

This has been around for several weeks already, and is set to last just a few more weeks. Mixologists also visit the Concorde Room for those passengers travelling in FIrst, or who are Prem or Concorde Room card holders, and will make cocktails using the brands quoted in the article VK attached.

I think this is a terrific idea, as the lounges have, for some while, seemed devoid of luxury brands and/or a wide selection. Given the number of “affluent” customers that pass through the lounges, it makes sense for companies like Diageo to try and secure as much product exposure as possible. Bravo to BA for showcasing these products.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I have only ever ventured into the Galleries Club three times so decided to sample this bar on my latest foray to T5, as I had some time to kill.

A really splendid idea, delicious and very professional cocktails with superb barmen who knew what they were doing.

Not so keen on the “foams” so you might consider avoiding – or asking for your cocktail without – those.

Think it’s there another two weeks, and then may head to New York and possibly South America.

Hope it will return to the BA Lounges soon, as it’s a great concept!

Senator
    Participant

VK,

I had an excellent Dry Martini prior to my LHR-CPH flight this past Friday. I agree it was a nice touch in the lounge; something different and unique. It reminds me of the day’s of the large, burly Bavarian tapping Hefeweissen on Friday afternoons at the Senator Lounge in Munich pre-Lehman.

If there are other Dry Martini lovers out there, I would suggest the Bar at Duke’s Hotel at St. James’s. Anytime I entertain for friends, family or business in London, I start there. In my book, the best I’ve had anywhere in the world.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s a real shame this won’t be a permanent fixture.

I hope something similar is rolled out in the Galleries; it wasn’t that busy either. Perhaps people thought they had to pay for it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls