Wizzair criticised by Civil Aviation Authority

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• FormerBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1321479]

I did this for my son who was dumped in Cyprus last July when the cancelled the flight. ADR found in our favour in January but not a penny.

They did pay up for the outbound flight which they delayed 24 hours and left the passengers in the terminal at 2am with nothing. The police acted as customer service staff for them which is outrageous. The passengers had to sleep on the floor of LGW and then got a £15 vouchers and lies until they finally left at 7pm.

They are a disgrace and there is no point in the CAA issuing such statements. They need to act by stopping them flying in the UK until every county court judgement and ADR verdict is paid.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

This Wizzair customer send bailiffs to Luton airport to confront the airline with refund owed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-64999557

Chris in Makati
    Participant

[postquote quote=1349263]

What a heart-warming story. If only more people would seek recourse in law for money they’re owed by some of these airlines.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Wizzair revealed as worst major airline for flight delays from UK airports for second year running.

Other media reports I have seen liw behind a paywall.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11955381/Wizz-Air-revealed-worst-major-airline-flight-delays-UK-airports.html

FormerBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1349255]

Well today, almost 9 months after the flights, Wizz Air have finally paid the £175 for cancelling my sons flight home from Cyprus with 4 days notice. This followed a 24 hour delay to the outbound flight which resulted in a UK261 claim of €400.

They rejected the cancellation claim out of hand and had to be taken to ADR but at every stage they delayed doing anything until the very last minute.

For a first lads holiday it was something of an experience with sleeping on the floor of Gatwick rather than lying by a pool.

Wizz Air are absolute charlatans and I am not sure I’d ever trust them again.

EU/UK261 compensation should be automatic and paid within 14 days without the need to make a claim. Any airlines who fails to pay should have 60 days to resolve every claim otherwise their operators license is revoked. Tough love, but it will focus the mind!

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls