Wizzair cancels many flights from Doncaster

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Readers will be aware that Wizzair has a habit of “moving capacity around” at the then UK boss told LBC radio in 2020.

But this situation at Doncaster (DSA) is different.

I say that because schedules are being changed not because of congestion but because of “the terms of a commercial agreement” which Wizzair has with Doncaster.

According to reports DSA was not the first to be informed of Wizzair’s decision.

It’s understood that affected passengers are being contacted by Wizzair.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/wizz-air-doncaster-sheffield-airport-bosses-only-found-out-about-axed-flights-via-media-3719771

sandiego1
    Participant

Wizz are moving the plane to LGW to limit cancellations there. The boss of Wizz is on line this morning telling the staff too many of them are reporting they are suffering from fatigue and they need to work irrespective of it. It certainly won’t be on my list of airlines to take a chance on!

They claim the move is because the airport isn’t sticking to the agreement they made with the airline, this is allegedly based on passenger numbers which Wizz have not achieved, Peel Airports who own DSA are likely to be considering legal action on exactly the same basis as they did when BMI Baby closed down their base at Teeside (with more notice of course) I seem to recall the airport succeeded in getting a multi million-pound award against the airline

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls