Wizz Air – reduced size hand baggage.

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Alex
    Participant

I really got caught by Wizz air in Bristol on a newly introduced flight to Eastern Europe – their cabin bag luggage has now literally reduced to a handbag – so my normal cabin bag cost me £31 plus £5 admin fee. Only a bag 42X32X25 is now allowed. My usual cabin bag which has traveled on Ryanair (55X40X20 plus 35X20X20) and Easyjet (no weight limit 56X45X25) many times was refused unless I paid up.
    As the overhead lockers easily take the Easyjet bag – why restrict the size so much – stupid me – it is to get another £37 from passengers who thought that a a cabin bag was what most low cost airlines accept in the cabin.
    It really is time that the European Airline Authorities clearly defined the size of a ‘cabin bag’ so that travelers would not have to buy a different bag for each airline they fly on – a real problem if you don’t do a round trip with the same airline!
    Alex

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Shades of Spirit in the US. Enraged pax arguing about being asked for a $100 payment for a roll-aboard.

I’ve just looked at the Wizz Air website and whilst a passenger does have to choose either small or large cabin bag (£8 extra – prebooked) no sizes are given for either, which is a poor show IMHO.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

It really is about time that airlines that call themselves serious carriers rather than holiday con artists came out with a proper definition of a hand bag – both size and weight!

maybe additionally there should be a distinction between PAX who check hold baggage and those who choose to do without.

No problem with giving frequent fliers extra bags but as a FFer MY travel is either hand bag only (often sadly messed about as serious camera lenses weigh heavy but never on size). I don’t ever find extra hold bags a bonus other than once/twice a year on a ski trips and I’m happy to pay on those occasions (though naturally I might make a point of flying with Swiss)

Stupidities like the difference in size/weight of handbags on Qantas and other carriers is a pain in the neck.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

The price has obviously risen since it was introduced back in 2012

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/wizzair-to-extend-hand-baggage-fee

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I don’t think the price has risen, it’s just that the OP got caugght at the airport and had to pay several times more than for pre-booking.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller February 2023 edition
Business Traveller February 2023 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls