Withdrawal of Anytime Access

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

TheEngineer
    Participant

Is anyone else as furious as I am about this latest reduction in service by the BA Exec Club?

Currently Gold members can get into BA lounges regardless of the airline they are flying that day. From 17 June that will be withdrawn, and you will be allowed in only if you are flying BA or Oneworld.

Very few people fly one airline ALL the time, and I have found this acess to be invaluable all over the world. In fact it is the single biggest advantage of the Exec Club as far as I can see.

The website blurb says this is in response to customer feedback….yes of course everyone is begging them to take benefits away, stands to reason, doesn’t it? Don’t insult our intelligence!!

After a year of strikes, and frankly surly and indifferent service on most flights, you would think they would be thinking of ways to ADD benefit to the Exec Club, not cut it back. Bean counters at work no doubt.

To top it all, when I called the BA Exec Club to complain, I was told I had to send an email. Fair enough, so I asked for the email address. The lady refused to tell me and said I had to look it up on BA.com. First time in ages I have been rendered totally speechless!

Binman62
    Participant

TheEngineer
    Participant

Thanks Binman, glad to see I am not the only one outraged by this.
    Just saw Thai are adding a Platinum tier to offer additional perks to their most frequent flyers. Funny how some carriers think it helps to offer their most frequent travellers additional benefits.

neilsoaj
    Participant

This is just anither example of BA becoming London Airways.Unless you fly BA to any London Airport there oppurtunity now to aceess a loungs which basically means that you are a Silver Card member and you Gold Status means nothing outside London

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls