Win two Aeromexico economy return tickets

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Is there anyone else on the forum who would rather lose than win a long Y trip in a 787?

Lovely aircraft in business or premium eco, but the 3-3-3 in the back is truly horrible.

HarryMonk
    Participant

What is second prize? Three tickets?

canucklad
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up. FDOS……. I’ve just entered, and will spend the rest of the day with toes and naturally fingers crossed.

I’d even endure AC’s Titanical sewerage class if it was for free , anything to escape yet another drenching Scottish summers day.

canucklad
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up. FDOS……. I’ve just entered, and will spend the rest of the day with toes and naturally fingers crossed.

I’d even endure AC’s Titanical sewerage class if it was for free , anything to escape yet another drenching Scottish summers day.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

++++++++++

I know what you mean, as we moved to NW England from Malta in May – quite a shock, the weather in June was just like a Maltese winter.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

if this is a competition offer maybe the flights will not be that full….stretch out over three seats???

FDOS_UK
    Participant

3 seats @16.5″ width?

Might work for a Hobbit 😉

sparkyflier
    Participant

I sat in a 787 BA Y for 2 minutes. They also have the horrendous 9 across seating. It was awful and I will go out of my way to avoid it going forward. I cannot see that this configuration does anything to earn loyalty towards an airline.

TominScotland
    Participant

Went to the Far East with Qatar on their 787-8 (3 out of 4 legs from Edinburgh). It actually was not that bad and better than their 330 seating. I was travelling with my other half and that made a difference because space encroachment was not such as issue.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

TominScotland – 09/08/2015 14:44 BST

Interesting point about the effect of sitting next to your other half and the encroachment being not such an issue.

I did a 7 hour flight in a 777 Y seat yesterday (10 across, so narrow), but the guy next to me was normal build but shorter than, me so no clash at shoulder level (which is the real problem with these narrower seats) and thus a comfortable flight.

If you sit next to someone who is roughly the same height and has broad shoulders, you’re in trouble.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

FDOS: granted 16.5″ per seat is not much but I’d still rather have three of them with arm rests up than a single only slightly less pokey premium eco with fixed arm rests.

The only good solution would be a pair of J-class seats.

DontTurnRight
    Participant

Last flew Aeromexico in 1991. Delayed 8 hours in Miami. Non Stop flight to Mexico City went via Merida. MD-80 economy not so bad in those days with plenty of room, reasonable nosh and good service. Coming home, from Acapulco, they were again delayed, we missed our connection and they put us on American to come home.

That said, would still enter the competition for an adventure. Only problem is, would have to get to London from NZ first.!!!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

PeterCoultas – 10/08/2015 11:59 BST

Funnily enough, I recently did an overnight flight on a BA 788 in W.

It was surprisingly comfortable and I was reminded of the old BA cradle seats (though they were a little better.) I got a solid 5 hours sleep on a 8.5 hour flight.

Nonetheless, I’d be happy to endorse the WT+ product on the 787.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls