Willie Walsh lasting legacy

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

• ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1011076][/postquote]

Oh come on Frederic – I did start by saying it was “off-topic” ! Chill.

Shamsh1
    Participant

WW will be remembered as the CEO who changed the „World’s favorite airline“ into a low service, but still high price airline. No other reputable airline introduced 7 across in business class, demanding from its premium pax as much as BA. By doing so, BA lost me (and probably many others) to competitors like QR, CX or EK with a significantly higher focus on premium pax. Finally granting himself a bonus now of £ 833,000 while BA is in the deepest crisis ever, shows questionable leadership.
    Sorry to say, but I hope it will get better for BA and their customers in future.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Casey_99
    Participant

Think Walsh has done reasonably well for shareholders but in doing so customers now get a poor product for the prices charged and staff have been treated very poorly.
    The lack of investment in the quality of the planes and service may hit future revenue and profits as customers switch to better prices and better planes and service. The upgrade to Business cabins is coming far too late. There was a reason no other airline flew BA’s head-to-toe Business class configuration.
    I think Walsh has delivered short-term success not a long-term sustainable business.
    Flying BA today is not the great experience it used to be. Flying with many other airlines these days, especially long-haul is better than BA.
    BA crew, especially long-haul, are still very good but Walsh is destroying them, perhaps not realising what a difference they make to the experience.

3 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

It must be said, WW has picked a perfect time to leave the roundabout.

2019 was probably the high spot for BA (which to be fair WW’s bonus relates to). Now he has handed off to Luis Gallego who probably has 3 years of hard slog to get back to the start line.

In the meantime Alejandro Cruz has gone very quiet?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Just announced. WW takes on a new role at Irish car hire technology firm CarTrawler.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1011818]Just announced. WW takes on a new role at Irish car hire technology firm CarTrawler.[/quote]

CEO’s and the like, regardless of ability or moral fortitude are the human felines …… Whatever happens ,they always land on their feet !

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls