Will it be possible to use SpanAir Star GOLD card in 2012?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

soccatala.com
    Participant

Will it be possible to use SpanAirStar Silver & Gold cards with other StarAlliance airlines during 2012?

Business Traveller replies:

Under normal circumstances, if a loyalty programme ceases then members lose their miles and status.

On the other hand when Brazilian carrier Varig ceased trading a number of years ago, some Star Alliance members responded with a “status match” scheme. It’s too early to say for sure.

Hktbound
    Participant

Soccatala.com, I sympathise!

My Spanair Gold Card arrived after much saving and I hope that many months of saving points, mainly via long haul flights on partner airlines will not be lost just down to bad luck in choosing Spanair as the host airline.

The glimmer of hope lies with Star Alliance and the status match. If you hear of anything please do post on here so we can take steps to try and reclaim both status and in my case, lots of points,

Star Alliance has confirmed that silver and gold members of Spainair’s loyalty programme will be offered status match with “several Star Alliance member carriers”, but will lose all accumulated miles.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/spanair-ffp-members-offered-status-match…-but

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls