Wifi on Virgin trains

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Travelforus
    Participant

Wifi is now available on Virgin Trains west coast mainline services to / from London Euston, free in first class. I tried it for the first time last week and it was quite fast, certainly comparing favourably to mobile broadband.

GlobalTravellerTom
    Participant

I agree. I have been back and forth between London and Liverpool these last few weeks on virgin.

The wifi has a great connection and with my VPN into my work network I had no delay or lag. I do own a personal and work 3G cards, both of which dropped to GPRS or no connection for large parts of the trip.

So go for the wifi, if you already have a mobile roaming wifi ID (Cloud etc) then you will already be covered by your account with them and not need to pay. Otherwise £10 for 24h was not a bad deal, bearing in mind I could then use the username and password in cafe’s etc while I was out of the office for the remainder of the time.

RebeccaBallatine
    Participant

Yes it is good and I have used it a few times to prepare for meetings and follow up emails and it has worked fine. I was disappointed that you cannot access BBC i-player. Too heavy on the bandwidth I guess. But still a good service.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls