why fly BA?

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Cynic!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Oi be nice to him!!! ..lol I dont think Mrs Binman will have problems being hit on as i dont think she is flying as he said its just 2 bags 2 kids and a car seat! xx

Binman, i am sure you will have a lovely and safe flight. Just smile and be happy and all will be fine :o) xxxxxxx

VintageKrug
    Participant

“I dont think Mrs Binman will have problems being hit on as i dont think she is flying as he said its just 2 bags 2 kids and a car seat! xx”

I could make a very rude comment, assuming his mother in law was also travelling with Mrs Binman, but I’ll restrain myself! 😉

I am eager to find out whether there were Tarantulas on this particular plane!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

DELETE THAT POST …NOW!!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I am fortunate in that my mother in law only travels on a broom stick…..

Binman62
    Participant

10 mins late and long taxi so airborne 40 mins after STD. Perfectly friendly crew, large whisky for me ( not drunk on board) and several chocolate biscuits for the perfectly well behaved kids. Bags took 15 minutes but Avis on the ball with preferred and also upgraded. Hotel very good and the whiskey has now gone down very well. All in all a very good day with a perfectly satisfactory flight on BA. It was short haul so inflight product is pretty non existent but the crew were friendly and down to earth. A good experience.

RichHI1
    Participant

Binman glad you had good flight, you realize that will spoil one poster’s day! Not possible to state why giving you a crap flight makes good financial sense 😉
    Martin is that new broom ( that sweeps clean)or is she flying the mid j broom?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Rich – the pointed hat and black coat, gives it away – as for the smell……………….

Senator
    Participant

Having recently converted half my business from Star, I would like to add some positive points

* Pricing in the CE cabin for none-flex is a steal compared to competition
    * LHR T5 Lounges in a different class compared to competition. Since getting my BAEC Gold card in the summer, I have yet to see anything but the Galleries First Champagne Bar at T5
    * CW seat is best in class for a good night’s sleep
    * Use of upgrades from W+ to CW is a great bargain
    * The Britishness alluded to by some of you. I for one, adore much of what this stand for as a foreigner. Only on BA can the following conversation take place between staff and passenger:
    Staff: “Sir, would you like anything to drink from the bar?”
    Pax: “Yes, thank you. I quite fancy a Bloody Mary this evening”.
    Staff: “Sir, there is no need to swear Sir!” (Twinkle, twinkle)

Areas I would like to see changed:
    * F&B in CE on my trips are behind the competition (LX, OS, and SK in my book)
    * F&B in CW has been hit and miss
    * Ground experience at some airports (ARN for example) is far off what we have at home airports. Here I tend to find this better among Star carriers

VintageKrug
    Participant

Day ruined! 😉

I am going to have to recouperate over a long lunch.

“10 mins late and long taxi so airborne 40 mins after STD.”

I’d suggest some ointment if the rash is bad, but I’m impressed you made the most of the lengthy taxi!

For future reference, the Mixed Fleet crew on the Manchester run are noticeably more pneumatic than their friendly but less enticing legacy fleet counterparts on the EDI run. Let’s hope there aren’t too many marks on the lavatory mirror…

Did you enjoy the complimentary whisky (or whiskey) alongside your snack on board, the food, drinks, mags and newspapers plus free net access and kid’s club play area in the lounge and your Gold Card premium security access and free seating choice as well as priority boarding and free newspapers in the jetty area, although as you stated service was “pretty non-existent” perhaps you missed out on all these things?

ekond111
    Participant

…slightly getting back to the thread….why not fly BA…fly whatever suits your budget and expectations…

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls