Why does security at LCY need to be so rude?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• icenspice
    Participant

I never find security at any UK airport rude, although I haven’t passed through Stansted in years.

But I am reminded of a flight this summer from the LCC terminal at Lisbon. When my tray appeared from the x-ray, the security guy shoved it down the queue. He may as well have thrown it at me! I raised my arm in protest. He asked me if I was French and I gave him a piece of my mind in Portuguese….that shut him up.

The girl beside me whispered ‘it’s always the same here’.

And yes, I was tired, stressed out, hot and in a bad mood LOL

blend69
    Participant

Charles-P .. I absolutely agree with you. Thoroughly obnoxious bunch at LCY who continue to bully passengers knowing full well that passengers are unlikely to fight back because they will get even more trouble from this bunch of baboons. The company needs sacking.

PdeBarry
    Participant

My wife and I, flying on separate flights and on different days, found them extremely rude and condescending to the people. Not just once mind you…

I don’t think that the airport security section is set up for the morning rush at all. Many times there are only two lines open during morning rush hour. For me, that just doesn’t make any sense. You will have bottlenecks occurring and tempers flaring.
    Especially concerning the staff there.

Also, since the speech by the PM yesterday, one should expect more delays at security.

I have had the opportunity to fly private a few times and discovered to my delight…zero security. Car to jet in under 30 seconds. I do wonder how many of these private missiles are in the air at one time…

BEYbrit
    Participant

Speaking of extra security – travel agents here in Beirut are (since yesterday) issuing notices to all pax with bookings that a four hour minimum advance check-in is being enforced at Rafic Hariri Airport – effective immediately.

Doesn’t bode well for a pleasurable trip back to blighty at Christmas…

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls