Why does Qatar Airways not contact customers when it changes and stop flights?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

• Sam
    Participant

Ahmad sorry I wasn’t aware that virulence, as you put it, was reserved for old experienced posters.

Tallinnman
    Participant

Finniar have direct flights to Krabi from Helsinki – ask to be routed this way. Think its only a weekly flight and QR will probably tell you no way – they’re both oneworld?

With regards to the more spicey topic, Sam comes across as an a Qatari apologist and my personal experience of Qatar is one of an airline where service is decline but where the balance sheet may be improving, short term.

Sam
    Participant

An apologist with firsthand experience on QR not an armchair critic like some gentlemen here who thrive on slandering airlines they most certainly have not even come close to let alone travelled on.

Ahmad
    Participant

[quote quote=775782]Ahmad sorry I wasn’t aware that virulence, as you put it, was reserved for old experienced posters.

[/quote]

I was not suggesting that at all. Just commenting on @FDOS’s remark about your style. If new to the Forum, you are probably not aware of the angst we suffered until the moderators tightened things up and banned some posters.

And I apologise for forgetting to welcome you to the Forum before commenting on your style of posting. Inexcusable and I do beg your pardon.

rferguson
    Participant

Ahmad – ‘My Flights’ is brilliant. It’s simple, effective and free 🙂 It send an alert to your device as well as an email whenever anything in a reservation changes – times, aircraft types etc. The only information you need to put in to ‘link’ a flight is your PNR and surname.

The only limitation is it only links with Amadeus so most reservations although not all can be tracked.

JohnHarper
    Participant

[quote quote=775741]Harper you’re the one who’s ignorant. Your can fly doha to Singapore on emirates via dubai, Etihad via Abu Dhabi, Turkish via Istanbul, Oman air via muscat. Should I go on???!!! Your response just confirms what sleak has said. You put your so called principles aside for your convenience. How hypocritical can u get.

[/quote]

[quote quote=775761]Cloud9 I know that but you’re missing the point. Harper comes here holier than thou whining about QR’s practices yet claims he’s a platinum card holder. If he has such lofty principles as he claims he can take a non direct flight to his destination as not to give his business to satanic qatar airways [/quote]

Not just any troll but a personally abusive troll. There does seem to be a lot of it about recently. And to think, my opening line to him was to welcome him to the forum as a new poster.

JohnHarper
    Participant

[quote quote=775820]Ahmad – ‘My Flights’ is brilliant. It’s simple, effective and free ? It send an alert to your device as well as an email whenever anything in a reservation changes – times, aircraft types etc. The only information you need to put in to ‘link’ a flight is your PNR and surname.

The only limitation is it only links with Amadeus so most reservations although not all can be tracked.

[/quote]

rf – do you know is this just an Apple app? I can’t find it on Google but it sounds excellent.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Travellau, welcome to the forum. I don’t think there is much you can do except accept the new routing or cancel and book another airline. QR should in these circumstances refund you in full if that is your wish. they certainly will not re-instate the route just for you I’m afraid to say.

Airlines do have flight schedule changes and booking so far in advance you run more of a risk of this happening than if you booked a month or two in advance. Granted you had a good fare and were confident of your dates, and I know many of my fellow (Swiss) countrymen do book a year in advance, but I do not. Usually at most 4 weeks but more often just 10 days in advance of travel. I still find seats and still get good fares and upgrades (with miles).

One little trick if you’re worried which I sometimes use – even if booking a month in advance, is to book a fully refundable ticket (or one with a small penalty), then closer to the time look for a better fare, which if available I take then cancel the original, and if not then I fly as booked.

rferguson
    Participant

Hey JH – not sure. I’ve got an apple device. It’s an awesome little app 🙂

MartynSinclair
    Participant

So at Heathrow this afternoon I shared a lift with two QATAR pilots… The Captain was English and the First Officer, Australian…. spent a very interesting few minutes hearing about the cross cultural Western and Australian pilots employed by the airline. No comment was made though about cabin crew….

Mr JH…???? 🙂

JohnHarper
    Participant

Martyn, there did used to be a fair number of western pilots at QR but it’s a long time since I have heard one speak on a plane. There may be a few left but not many in the scale of things.

Anyway, my days of flying Qatar are very happily over.

WillieWelsh
    Participant

When we lived in Scotland I used to use QR from EDI frequently. I can never remember a western sounding pilot let alone an English speaker. I suspect the ones that are left are on the 777 fleet and not offered anything else and of course there’s no cross comonality with a 777 and anything else.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Why was my reply reported for being inappropriate? I can’t see anything to offend in it!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

mine was too LP..

Are we the lucky ones??? 🙂

Ahmad
    Participant

[quote quote=776450]Why was my reply reported for being inappropriate? I can’t see anything to offend in it!

[/quote]

I wonder why LP as yours was one of the few posts that actually addresses @Travelau’s issue. Unless it was done inadvertently, in which case I suggest that the person concerned should contact BT, the moderators should consider checking who has reported your post and perhaps seek an explanation.

Looks like the temperature on the Forum is going up again.

I also want to use the opportunity to apologise to @Travellau for taking the discussion away from their topic when I went on about MyFlights with @rferguson. Sometimes the discussion on the Forum wanders only to be brought back to the topic by the more experienced travellers who have taught a lot to less experienced ones like me.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls