Why do they do that?!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

+1 Charles-P and MartynSinclair that I want to see and can you get someone to film it LOL

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Martyn, you have commented on this before and it appears to be an experience you regularly undergo. Yet strangely, it has never happened to me. What IS it about you???!!

K1ngston
    Participant

Ian_from_HKG, its his sharp, sophisticated manner, obviously you and I lack this, I normally get snarled at and pulled aside for all sorts of nonsense whereby he’s getting the plastic glove treatment ……Martyn we need to discuss this in Bangkok when you’re there 🙂

MartynSinclair
    Participant

K1ngston – trust you got back safe, will be installed in my office on 24 on 24 Feb.. hope you will be there too..

Charles-P – used to make a sharp body movement, but once got threatened with a closed room search. Now I just smile and say “nice” and that makes the person realise…………

Ian – or perhaps I am the only one that objects :))

Charles-P
    Participant

On three occasions at Brussels when the male security staff were all busy I have been asked if I object to a pat down from female staff. Didn’t mind that so much 🙂

canucklad
    Participant

Martyn, I sympathize ……
    I’ve had to work on maintaining my beer belly ,to keep the patters at bay …lol

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

“We’re experiencing really high volumes of calls right now”.

Every single time I call them, with no exceptions I am given the same drivel about how they care about my business, how I can do what it is I want to do online (I can’t) and all those other nonsensical platitudes all the while you hold and hold and hold and hold.

BA twice today to change an EDI – LGW hop, only want to change the date and am still waiting on getting though, first call was a 13 minute wait then I had to answer a mobile call, 2nd attempt is now 15 minutes and counting on their ‘Silver’ line. Yet again I’m reminded just how valuable my business is to them.

DVLA today were way too busy to speak to me and simply told me to call back later, no hold, no v-mail nothing – just “we’re too busy to speak to the likes of you, bog off and call us when we’re less busy – our normal peak times are between 12 and 2”. This was at 9:15.

No recourse available against either of these useless *service* call centre vacuums either.

Chaffs my clams.
    Rgds.
    AOTG.
    PS Still holding having typed and spell-checked this.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi AOTG

Is that an attempt to see if you had Spell check in American English rather than English English (why can’t computers remember that you are in UK and want English English) and to see if we can find a mistake in there!

The other thing that irritates me is wanting to call through but then not being given an option for what you actually want to do – being stuck on hold and then re-directed to someone else and holding again for another 15 minutes.

SIDDIQ64
    Participant

Hi everyone

I would like to rant about the chaotic situation that arises when women in some mainly Muslim countries (for some odd reason) board a plane and decide they don’t want to sit next to a strange man . So they create a complete mess by asking cabin crew to relocate them next to a woman on the plane . All this is happening while boarding continues , which means that now all of a sudden not only are there people moving from the front to the back of the plane( the boarding passengers) but now there are a few people wanting to move against the tide trying to locate someone who will swap their seats with them .

Firstly I want to know if these women thought that all their fellow passengers would be some sort of near or distant relative , so they could sit easily next to them .Of course they are not . So why in GOD”S name didn’t you ask the check in staff to seat you next to a lady or a child . Surely at check in the staff know the gender and age of the person who has already checked in and has been allocated a seat . But such women don’t want to make anyone’s life easier . They want to make life hell for the cabin crew.

Quite frankly , at the risk of sounding chauvinistic,most of the women i have seen doing these shenanigans on board are frankly not even worth looking at twice .

To all those ladies who have such issues , please sort things out at check in !!

canucklad
    Participant

Well Tim & AOTG
    My experience with the Clydesdale Bank would surely put you over the edge of sanity…….
    In a rush, with impatient pals waiting I’m using their automated phone banking service to move some beer tokens from my savings account into my current account, a process that normally takes apx. 90 seconds……..to hear this message !!
    “As a valued and long term customer of the Clydesdale Bank we are automatically transferring you to one our customer representatives for a more personalised service “…..

Oh, that’s nice thinks me…….until the next message……..

And now back to AOTG’s opening sentence. …….. And guess what, no option to revert back to the automated service!!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I am sitting in AA flagship lounge at Chicago ORD. A most annoying ‘gentleman’ wearing a flashing bluetooth headset is talking very loudly, to his boss, about this mornings plant visit……
    As he is yelling into said headset, he is casually picking his nose and inspecting the results of his labour prior to flicking the offending pieces of snot onto the chair next to him!!
    Having put up with this behaviour for 15 mins I have moved seat but I can still hear him from across the other side of the lounge.

What is wrong with some people…….

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ seasonedtraveller – 12/02/2015 18:48 GMT

Ever thought of doing the exact same to the offending oik: i.e take out your mobile phone, sit next to him, talk extremely loudly into it and prevent him from hearing his own conversation. There’s a vague possibility that he might just stop for a moment and reflect on his boorishness…

Should he object, there is always the natural riposte that, owing to his behaviour, you had assumed that this was the “shouting section” of the lounge.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Anthony

I often think about doing just that but, sadly, I’m an utter wimp when it comes to all things confrontational…….

I’m the type who simply sits and tut’s loudly 😉

K1ngston
    Participant

seasoned traveller do we need as a forum to sit you down and teach you to expand those long ago used muscles and stick up for the rights of the great and unwashed?

I was with a colleague once a brash Northerner ( l like northerners really) and we were in a lounge somewhere I don’t remember and we had the same situation where a very loud American gentlemen (yes you all know what I mean) was giving it some lung about nothing in particular and said Northerner went up to him snatched the phone hit the end button and said and I quote ” thats enough mate we don’t want to be listening to your sh1t now go somewhere else where you are not disturbing the whole room”

The look on the guys face was priceless, and when he stormed off the buzz of excitement in the room was awesome! That sure was one way to end that type of behaviour I would probably favour AnthonyDunns way as the best course of action ….. being older and wiser and less able to run as fast 🙂

stevescoots
    Participant

@ AnthonyDunn,

do what I do. pick up my phone and reply to their comments in the same volume as if I was on the same call, works a charm. last time i did it was in the CX lounge at T3 where some private medical insurance twonk was discussing a claim with I assume his boss, the entire lounge could hear all about some poor womans health issue

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls