Why choose Virgin Atlantic?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

• FlyingGuy
    Participant

The Upper Class suite on the B787s is like the original suites on the B747s and A340-600s (and not like the awful A330 ‘dream suite’, which is thankfully being replaced)

The only obvious difference is that they’re shinier and operate more smoothly, plus the IFE system has been updated.

Very nice aircraft too. Quiet, spacious, mood lighting etc.

Great service from the staff as usual (especially the Chinese girls and boys).

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thank you FlyingGuy for your feedback on the 787-9 operated by Virgin Atlantic.
    Now I know which type of a/c to avoid ( A333) upon booking VS .
    I am generally crazy about the 747-400 ,however unfortunately all VS a/c of that type are now based at LGW ,which is not in my horizon.
    Thank you again !

GivingupBA
    Participant

Virgin Atlantic only score 5 / 10 on the Skytrax website – not impressive:

http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/virgin-atlantic-airways/

FlyingGuy
    Participant

@givingupba

I’ve always found Skytrax ‘customer reviews’ and other ‘review’ sites to be a bit of a sham to be honest. It’s almost always angry people who wish to vent, much like Yelp reviews.

TrustPilot is especially bad. BA and VS are both given 1 star and even EK only gets 2.

Officially, VS is a 4 star airline according to Skytrax, along with BA, AF and even EK.

summerfly
    Participant

VS has a more superior premium economy to other airlines, probably the best. However, I don’t like their upper class/business product due to not being able to look out of window properly & having to get up to turn seat in to bed. I can’t comment on economy as I’ve never tried it. VS has a strong brand identity and I know many persons who choose it for leisure trips due to the glitz and gimmicks, but it’s not for me and doesn’t serve my destinations anyway.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello MsKonstanz,

I like your objective comments tremendously !

Thank you

GivingupBA
    Participant

FlyingGuy, thanks for your comments about Skytrax. No doubt it has an element of sham about it, though for me that just means take it with a pinch of salt. Tripadvisor gets worse comments about it – but I still find it useful!

YellowBelly
    Participant

I fly BA Premium Economy about once a month to both North and South America but have just returned from a family holiday to Florida using Virgin PE out of Manchester so thought I would add my comments on differences. The Virgin flights were on B747-400 aircraft that I believe were refurbished a couple of years ago and we sat on the upper deck both ways in seats 23 and 24 J and K.
    The Virgin PE seat is better than the older BA cabins but in my opinion not as good as the later BA product.
    The IFE was fine and probably as good as the latest BA product.
    Food and drink were both worse on Virgin than BA but acceptable.
    The Virgin flights both took off on time and both landed early.

I am unsure why Virgin chose to have a mixture of PE and Economy seating on the upper deck – having all PE would have been a better choice.

Personally I would choose BA over Virgin based on my recent experiences assuming the prices were similar but Virgin was fine especially to Orlando where they seem to dominate the direct UK flights – when we were there they were four Virgin 747s at the terminal, two for Manchester, one to Gatwick and I believe one for Glasgow.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls